Menu

Fun Kindergarten Spanish Program

A friend recommended this book, which I may get next time I place an Amazon order. She thought it really helped them start using Spanish. It doesn't look meaty enough to be a whole program, though.

I found a used VHS copy of Muzzy El Grande in Spanish. It is a 6 part (10-15 min. each) video that my kids watch pretty regularly. I think it is effective - to a point.

We watch some of the videos from this web site once in a while, they are about 15 minutes each.

All these go easy on writing since my dc were still developing their writing skills. I made up some vocabulary games which are well received when I actually get around to doing them. :tongue_smilie:

HTH

We watch some of the videos from this web site once in a while, they are about 15 minutes each.

HTH

Thank you so much for this link! I watched the first episode of the French series (being Canadian, I took French all through school and felt I had a basis to judge the video, rather than Spanish, which I will be learning alongside my kids). It was excellent--perfect for my boys going into grades 2 and 4 next year. One wants French, one wants Spanish, and I don't want to break the budget! :001_smile:

As always, I love Salsa Spanish, and so do my toddlers! You can find links for all the videos here Follow the link on the blog for the materials provided by wyoming dept of Ed. Look for Salsa Spanish under gbp.org for more activities.

Thanks for the links! This is better than Instant Replay, but I've never been able to get them to play in anything but the little, tiny search window on the GPB site.

Thank you!!!

A friend recommended this book, which I may get next time I place an Amazon order. She thought it really helped them start using Spanish. It doesn't look meaty enough to be a whole program, though.

I found a used VHS copy of Muzzy El Grande in Spanish. It is a 6 part (10-15 min. each) video that my kids watch pretty regularly. I think it is effective - to a point.

All these go easy on writing since my dc were still developing their writing skills. I made up some vocabulary games which are well received when I actually get around to doing them. :tongue_smilie:

HTH

I'd second that. Muzzy is pretty good. You can sometimes find the DVD version in your local library, and then if you have a decent computer... Check to see if you cable also has the station Vme, which is like the Spanish language PBS. Here's a bunch more about what we thought of Muzzy, and our experience with teaching my son Spanish: http://teachingmybabytoread.blog.com/2011/05/16/muzzy-a-review/

Good luck to you!

Our library system (well, really the library system in the next county where my husband works) carries all of the Little Pim movies. We've been taking them out here and there in French for my almost-4 year old. I believe there are 6 Spanish discs in the series. They probably wouldn't work for older elementary kids, but I think they'd still be fun for Kindergarten.

They have translations for everything on their site, and there is an option on the discs that might have English subtitles. I'm able to speak a decent amount of French, but I would never pass for a native speaker. I don't expect my children to be fluent, but they like knowing some vocabulary and phrases.