Menu

Graduation time -- does anyone else have a homeschooled kid graduating from college?

Gwen in VA

I can't believe that my oldest is actually done with college! The memories of teaching her to read and write are so vivid. But in two days she will have her diplomas from college!

Is there anyone else who has a homeschooled kid leaving college who is stepping out into the world?

My daughter graduated on Sunday with a major in theatre and minor in music.

She's still very young. So, she's planning to be home with us for a couple of years working and saving some money before heading out on her own. Since she plans to move several states away when it is time, I have no problem at all keeping her close while we can manage to do so.

I haven't been here for a while, but I think some of you still remember me.

My dd is graduating from Cornell with a biology degree. She is missing the ceremony since her job started already. She is now a research assistant with The National Audubon Society and spending the summer on the islands off the coast of Maine.

My ds is graduating from the local cc with a business transfer degree. He is going on to Houghton College in the fall and then on to a 4+1 MBA program. He will be carrying the flag in to graduation tomorrow night since he has a 4.0.

Pretty proud of my kids!

Congrats to everyone! My first ds graduated with his AA (and hs) on May 7th and will be heading off to the University of Florida and the Fisher School of Accounting. He is entering their 3/2 program and will graduate in 3 years with his BA and Masters in Accounting. Thank you all for sharing your successful stories! You are an encouragement to me!!!