Menu

Quick question about yard sales and holidays:

Is the Memorial Day weekend a good time to have a yard sale? Do you veteran, semi-pro, and Olympian garage salers go on the Sat. before Memorial Day, or are you all away at your vacation homes?

I'm trying to organize my neighbors to get together and hold a massive destashing block party. I'm really excited about it, but I don't want to encourage/browbeat/stampede them into a bad idea. What's your experience? Is the long weekend a good time, or a slow time?

Signing off now, but will check back later this evening. Thanks in advance!

:auto:

I wouldn't think it would be a great weekend. Kinda the kick off to summer.... bbqs, mini-vacations, year end school stuff.

It's the weekend of the HS COnvention here in FL. Which kinda stinks because its NOT our "vacation" like they try to bill it, i'd rather go somewhere..... but NEED to go to it!

What about the weekend after?

When I used to yard sale a lot I noticed that few people had them on holiday weekends. Now that can be good or bad. If you live in an area where a lot of people who go to yard sales and you are the only sale going it could work to you advantage. Although I suppose that less yard salers go out on that weekend.

We are having a yard sale this weekend, and at the moment I should be pricing and organizing things.

The best time to have a garage sale is the first weekend of the month. That is when people get their checks and have money to spend.

I agree. I used to be a flea market vendor and regular shopper at yard sales and you don't get huge crowds on holiday weekends. You see everyone grocery shopping around here for food to cook for the holiday.

The first weekend of the month is gernerally the best.

I appreciate all the advice!! My second choice was the first Saturday in June, so it looks like I'll go with that!

Anybody wanna join me? Bring me your stuff some time in the next two weeks, and I'll sort, label, and price it, and donate what doesn't sell (in exchange for half of the proceeds of what DOES sell!).