Menu

Please diagnose me!

A little over an hour ago, I was waiting for my son to get out of a birthday party. I suddenly starting feeling a sort of ringing in my right ear. It's not really ringing - it's more like a whooshing sound that machinery makes such as when an air conditioner or other motor is running.

I feel a little pressure deep down inside - but it doesn't really feel like it's in my ear or like my ear is filling with fluid, etc. It feels like it is inside the right side of my brain. I have had fluid in that ear at times in past years, so I do know what that feels like and this is different than anything I've ever experienced.

The "sound" gets softer and louder, but isn't going away and currently I "hear" or maybe feel it throughout my head. It seems to be causing me not to be able to hear as well because I'm in front of the TV and it seems sort of muted.

What on earth is happening to me?

I've had that happen in past and it doesn't feel anything like that. Can a puncture feel different at different times? And would it just puncture out of the clear blue for no reason? I was just reading a book out loud to put it on tape for later when the feeling suddenly started.

Well, my husband has this and I am going to talk to him about it when he gets home in a minute or two, but it doesn't sound like the way he describes it. I know it can vary from one person to another.... Would it just start out of the clear blue for no apparent reason? I don't think tinnitus has a feeling of pressure or fullness associated with it, does it? I'm so confused!

Well, my husband has this and I am going to talk to him about it when he gets home in a minute or two, but it doesn't sound like the way he describes it. I know it can vary from one person to another.... Would it just start out of the clear blue for no apparent reason? I don't think tinnitus has a feeling of pressure or fullness associated with it, does it? I'm so confused!

My tinnitus started one day out of the blue. I do get a feeling of fullness in one of my ears that comes and goes and I have lost some hearing in that ear. Taking decongestant and benedryl when it feels very full helps some. I hope you get some relief.