Menu

? about media mail

I'm not sure it's automatic if you go to the post office to pay and drop it off. I think it is automatic if processed direct through paypal. As a seller you want to put the tracking/delivery confirmation on it to cover yourself. But it can take a while to get there. Media mail is slow.

Media mail can take a long time. Weeks, I think, though I've never had it take that long.

The seller would have to purchase delivery confirmation for the package to have a tracking number--the post office doesn't include it with postage.

hmmm well I purchased a TM and the seller said they mailed it out last Monday via Media mail. I have not gotten it yet and asked the seller for the tracking number. Seller said they did not put tracking on it.

It's not automatic, although lots of sites like Amazon and Paypal make it very easy to get when you purchase postage.

That is not a long time for media mail, so I'd give it a bit longer. Media mail can sit at both the originating post office and the destination post office; it gets sent when they have room/time. Hence, the cheapness!

It's not automatic.

You can do it if you pay via paypal or (my favorite!) print a label with the USPS shipping assistant, where you have to go in and pay at the post office.

I don't ship anything without delivery confirmation. I want proof on my side. It takes ~10 days. I once had a book take a month to go to a neighboring state. It went across the country first.