Menu

Thank you for making my kids happy!

DS9 has been asking for Nerf guns for a long time, but I didn't really see a point to them. But then I started seeing a lot of people on here talk about how much fun they are, how much their kids like them, putting them on Christmas lists, etc. But the clincher was Jean's post. I got a vision of kids setting up courses outside, running around, having fun together. I've been thinking about getting them ever since.

Well, I went to a community garage sale today, and one booth had two Nerf guns. So, I got them. I also went to Walmart and bought a third gun and darts to go with them. Turned out that the two used ones don't work all that well, plus my 4 year old, who wants very much to play, too, can't cock the guns. So, DH went back to Walmart. We now have two guns that hold 6 rounds and a single round, pistol-type gun for the younger one.

The kids and DH were running all over the house shooting each other and having a great time. I asked DH if we should go back and get us guns too. He said, "If we do, I'm getting a big one!" because it's three against one.

We're also in the process of weeding an old planting area in the backyard to be a dirt pile for the kids to play in. I would have never considered letting the kids play in the dirt before. Part of it was that we lived where there was lead and arsenic in the soil and part of it was the getting dirty. But now we live in a place where the dirt should be safe, and I'm getting over the getting dirty part. Plus I found a big Tonka digger at the sale for $5.

My kids thank you.

LOL, My kids (in kids include Dh and oldest nephew who is 30) love Nerf Wars. If I can I will post a pic that my Dh took of the Nerf guns we had out for the last Nerf War on kids bday a few weeks ago. And these aren't all of them!!!!!

221933_217385378272021_100000016821313_961123_3253205_n.jpg

We're also in the process of weeding an old planting area in the backyard to be a dirt pile for the kids to play in. I would have never considered letting the kids play in the dirt before. Part of it was that we lived where there was lead and arsenic in the soil and part of it was the getting dirty. But now we live in a place where the dirt should be safe, and I'm getting over the getting dirty part. Plus I found a big Tonka digger at the sale for $5.

My kids thank you.

Just be careful if you have cats in the area. I used to let my kids dig anywhere they wanted (in our old house in the suburbs). They got pinworm! Now it's only in the garden (with gloves) or in the covered sandbox. And those Tonka diggers RULE!

We're also in the process of weeding an old planting area in the backyard to be a dirt pile for the kids to play in.

Great! We stayed at a cottage on a farm recently, and one of the things they had for guests was a dirt pile for the kids to play on. Ds had such fun.