Menu

Favorite iPad apps for you

not for the kiddos. Dh just bought me an iPad for Mother's Day and I am looking for apps. These are not for the kids as I have a "can't touch this" policy. :D

What are you favorite apps? I love organization/planners. I am looking for some type of planner. I want a tool to help keep up with my memory work.

What are your favorites?

Cozi calendar. We have it on all iPhones too. Anything any of us (me, dh, teens) add to the calendar from our phones or ipad or computer automatically updates all our cozi apps. So we always have our calendars in sync. Awesome! I tank you have to set it up via the website first, but after that you can do it all via iPad/iPhone.

Words with friends

Netflix if you have it

Sketchbook pro (auto desk)

Docs to go

Pandora

Edited by Martha

I use Anki for memory work. The app is expensive, but I love it. Plus, it works on all our iDevices, so buying it once lets us all use it. What's special about Anki is that it determines automatically how often you need to review each item. I would suggest trying it on a computer (free) to see if the concept works for you.

So far this is my list that I think are keepers.

nightstand

cozi

contactsxl

sparkpeople

moleskine (I really like this one)

hootsuite

feeddlerrss

ip free (period and fertility tracker)

pandora

youversion Bible

ESV Bible (can make notes in this)

ibooks

words hd

angry birds

farmville

These I am trying out

homebudget lite

ispreadsheet

pageonce

mydigiwallet

dropbox

flipboard

pepperplate

motivated moms light

evernote

Then I have these that are educational and that I may let the boys use every once in a blue moon. :D

Africa Puzzle

Pocekt abc lite

brainpop

axylophone

virtuoso

nasa

google earth

space images

goskywatch

Plus you guys have just given me some more to check out. THanks.

I am still looking for a universal organizer. I use evernote on my iPhone, may go with that, but also want to check out bento and will look at the one just mentioned - cozi family.

Have fun!

Can you tell me how you use Evernote? I have it loaded but I am having a hard time deciding between it and Cozi.

I want a universal planner. I have Opus Domini on my mac and I like the format of it (much like a Franklin covey planner) but it has some glitches and isn't available for iPad yet.

I am going to check out bento and see how it works too.

I really like Grocery IQ for grocery lists. I shop at multiple stores and it let's you make a seperate list for every store. You can make an ongoing list of all the things you buy in a store and then add them to a current grocery list which is just the current items you need at that store. Do I make any sense? :tongue_smilie:

You can also email shopping lists to yourself or even better someone else. :D

It does also link to current online coupons at coupons.com if you want to use that sort of thing. I looked at a lot of lists and this one fit all of my needs.

I also like Todo for a To Do list. I can have individual lists for home, homeschool, church etc. You can see each list by itself or combine them all.

I am going to subscribe to this list. You have given me more good ideas!

I LOVE Cozi...and I added to all our andriod phones too.

I also love HomeRoutines it helps organize my days and gives me a cleaning checklist

MenuPlanner is what I use to menu plan and create my grocery list. It lets me plan breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks a day. It also stores all my recipes and creates the grocery list from my plan.

I LOVE Cozi...and I added to all our andriod phones too.

I also love HomeRoutines it helps organize my days and gives me a cleaning checklist

MenuPlanner is what I use to menu plan and create my grocery list. It lets me plan breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks a day. It also stores all my recipes and creates the grocery list from my plan.

Ok I am going to check those out and also pocket informant. Thanks for all the great ideas.

The only 2 apps I use regularly are Kindle for reading books, which seems to be what I mostly use my ipad for, and iperiod. I love iperiod for noting my cycles in as much detail as I like, from moods to physical symptoms, and also it sends me email notices (if I want) to tell me when my period is coming based on averages of my previous cycles.

All other apps I downloaded seem a bit like gimmicks to me now. But maybe its just because I don't need them.

Since I am home most of the time, and I have an imac so I really dont use my ipad as much as I thought I would (when I was still homeschooling....). But I am keeping it for travelling, and for buying and reading ebooks.