Menu

SOTW audio

WIS0320

Are there any other versions available other than the ones on the PHP site with the male reader? There is something about his voice... that grates a bit? I've not bought them b/c I am not sure I can deal with listening to them. SOTW isn't on board for next year as our history curriculum but we do have a 12 hour drive to Disney in the fall and I thought that would fill in some of the time. :tongue_smilie: Anyone know of any other reader for this series on audio?

Edited by drexel

Yeah, we were disappointed that Barbara did not record more. I think she only did SOTW Vol. 1. We do not like Jim Weiss! But we went ahead and bought it. My oldest, especially, complains when I put him on. ("Not that old guy with the weird voice again!");)

Sigh...we want Barbara! Can't SWB pay her large sums of money to do Vol. 2-4? (Or is she deceased?) My only complaint with Barbara's recording was that it sometimes put dd7 to sleep and then the chapters would be separated with that jarring/loud music! EEK!

Lakota