Menu

Driver's Ed Credit/Grade?

I'm planning to give my dd (10th grade) one semester of elective credit for the Driver's Ed course that she took online. We did the parent-taught option.

My dilemma is how to determine/weight the grade. The online course had about 12 section quizzes and a final test. Then she had the written test and the driving test at the DPS. I'm not sure which of these should have the most significance in determining her grade.

I'm also probably not being as objective as I should, because she struggles a little with academics and doesn't test well (misreads questions, knows the material orally but doesn't get it correct for the test), and my mommy heart wants to work it out so that she gets an A. Her actual driving grade was a 94, but her computer final was a 76. With the computer quizzes added in, the online course gave us a final average of 84. I believe that the written test at the DPS for her permit was an 85. WWYD?

I don't know how P/F will be perceived - but for Driver's Ed, I would argue it does not really matter whether it is perfect or barely passed. Same for P.E.

I will only include my kids academic courses in the GPA. Somehow, averaging number grades for calculus and P.E. seems weird to me.

I don't know how P/F will be perceived - but for Driver's Ed, I would argue it does not really matter whether it is perfect or barely passed. Same for P.E.

I will only include my kids academic courses in the GPA. Somehow, averaging number grades for calculus and P.E. seems weird to me.

I agree.

I would personally count Driver's Ed with "life", not with "school" (and therefore not have it on the transcript at all), but if I decided to award credit, I would definitely treat it as a P/F subject.

In Michigan, the schools do not administer driver's training courses any longer. Parents pay $350.00 for a certified instructor who runs the book classes as well as the individual driving sessions. Therefore, no credit was issued. Additionally, it is a life skill but not an academic subject. It is not listed on Michigan high school transcripts.

Faith