Menu

My kids just tore my cell phone into two parts..

It is completely dead and I don't know what to do. I have no home phone and the company just replaced my phone a couple of months ago. :(

Advice?

Doesn't the insurance replace it regardless of how many times? You pay a premium just for this.

The kids would have serious repercussions, I don't care how old they are.

Doesn't the insurance replace it regardless of how many times? You pay a premium just for this.

The kids would have serious repercussions, I don't care how old they are.

I didn't mean the cell phone company. I meant the company that my DH works for. He was really mad last time he had to ask about replacing it and that was because my little boy threw it down the stairs. This time the kids were looking at the movies on it and started fighting over it.

:(

What carrier are you with?

If you have a SIM card you can purchase a "pay as you go" phone cheap, put the SIM card in it and you are good to go.

I just replaced a destroyed T Mobile phone of my wife's with a $25 Samsung flip that she loves (after returning a $29 Nokia stick that was uh, less than pleasing).

Might be something to consider if you just need a basic phone.

Bill

I didn't mean the cell phone company. I meant the company that my DH works for. He was really mad last time he had to ask about replacing it and that was because my little boy threw it down the stairs. This time the kids were looking at the movies on it and started fighting over it.

:(

Oops, my advice does not pertain. Sorry.

Bill

:iagree: And would set some very clear consequences / punishments for touching it. They would also have to somehow make up for destroying this one. I don't know their ages, but they would be putting in some sort of community/labor service work; the kind of work you dread, and makes you sweaty sounds about right.

You cannot afford to allow your children to have access to your phone - esp. since it is a company phone. My ds13 is not allowed to touch ds's company phone. In fact, I'm scared to touch it!:001_huh:

I just read their ages...The older one would have a stiffer punishment.

KEEP THE PHONE OUT OF THEIR REACH!!!

Well I can replace the phone myself if I can switch the SIM card... I think. If I put my current SIM card into a new phone then I can keep the same number and calling plan, right? That is what I need.

Yes, if you just need a phone (any phone) then purchase a "pay as you go phone" that is tied to the same carrier you have, charge it, pop in the SIM card, and you are good to go.

Sometimes this means you need to purchase the "go phone" at a store that is not officially linked to a company. We could not buy ours at a T Mobile store for example, as they are required to activate the phone. So I went to Best Buy. Target and Walmart also sell these phones without needing to "activate" them.

Bill

Yes, if you just need a phone (any phone) then purchase a "pay as you go phone" that is tried to the same carrier you have, charge it, pop in the SIM card, and you are good to go.

Sometimes this means you need to purchase the "go phone" at a store that is not officially linked to a company. We could not buy ours at a T Mobile store for example, as they are required to activate the phone. So I went to Best Buy. Target and Walmart also sell these phones without needing to "activate" them.

Bill

Okay thanks! I am trying to remedy this myself and quickly.

If the company were to replace the phone they would just be doing it for me... kwim?

Okay thanks! I am trying to remedy this myself and quickly.

If the company were to replace the phone they would just be doing it for me... kwim?

Right. If you don't need exactly the same model of phone this option will be way cheaper. Buying a phone (without a contract) is usually really expensive. The "go phones" are cheap.

Bill