Menu

AP Exams?

Anyone else have a kid taking AP Exams this year? My oldest is taking the World History Exam next week. I am proctoring the psych exam tomorrow afternoon. My students are taking Calculus AB on Wednesday. Anyone else living the AP life this week?:001_smile:

Ds17 wil be taking 6 exams and dd16 will be taking 1 (plus the SAT US History subject test next week).

Ds has Psych and Envi Sci today, then Lit, Physics C: E&M, Stats and US Govt. Dd has US History.

I hope ds does well. Last year he scored 3 5s and 1 4. He hasn't done as much outside-of-class review this year as last. His university will take 4s for credit... Dd is hoping for a 4 on USH. Her teacher isn't as good as ds's was (they are at different high schools) so I've had her going through his old study guides and old APUSH exams in addition to her school work.

I can't wait for this month to be over!

Our high school for the most part only allows juniors and seniors to take AP exams; however, incoming juniors can opt to take AP courses and exams -- usually just one -- the summer before junior year, which makes for a very busy summer.

Still, I can't imagine taking more than three in a nine-month school year. My hat is off to those of you who take more than that -- and manage to survive!

:)

Ds's school only allows juniors and seniors to take APs. He had four last year in addition to this year's group. He started high school at a higher level of ability than most, so by default he has left with AP classes this school year. Older students who took a similar schedule told him that freshman year of college will be a breeze compared to senior year!

Dd's school allows sophomores to take APUSH depending on their grades in freshman world history. She will only be taking one AP as a junior (psychology) and as a senior will take French, Literature, and either Biology, Chemistry or Environmental Science. She will have a more reasonable schedule as a senior than her brother.

My son has APUSH on Wednesday, Calculus AB on Friday and English Comp next week.

He also takes the SAT this saturday and the SAT Latin in a few weeks.

He has studied quite a bit over these past weeks and is feeling fairly confident.

My son has APUSH on Wednesday, Calculus AB on Friday and English Comp next week.

He also takes the SAT this saturday and the SAT Latin in a few weeks.

He has studied quite a bit over these past weeks and is feeling fairly confident.

You might want to check that schedule. Calculus is Wednesday.

Oh, you're right. Calculus tomorrow. Maybe APUSH Friday?

Good thing he has his schedule under control. I'm a terrible secretary. :D

Yes, APUSH is Friday.

Off to help my oldest put together a Che Guevara costume for his APWH presentation tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...