Menu

Why isn't anyone buying Tell Me More/Auralog foreign language from HSBC?

I was really considering purchasing Tell Me More foreign language on the group buy from Homeschool Buyers Co-op, but it's only at the first discount level and it ends in two weeks. There are FIVE people committed to purchasing! What gives? I thought this would be a great deal -- am I missing something? Is it because Rosetta Stone is also on sale at the same time?

Hmmm....

Stacey

I was really considering purchasing Tell Me More foreign language on the group buy from Homeschool Buyers Co-op, but it's only at the first discount level and it ends in two weeks. There are FIVE people committed to purchasing! What gives? I thought this would be a great deal -- am I missing something? Is it because Rosetta Stone is also on sale at the same time?

Hmmm....

Stacey

They had a good deal on it last year, too, so maybe a lot of people in the market already bought it? That said, some people like to wait til the last second on HSBC. I've seen lots of people sign up for things in the last days of the deal. Fingers crossed for you to get it at the discount you want.

Rosetta Stone and Tell Me More are both immersion programs. That means that lots of things get thrown at you with no explanation that you just have to intuit.

Visual Link explains everything. You won't encounter any words without explanations of what they mean. Verb conjugation is taught directly, it doesn't have to be inferred.

If immersion works for you and you think you can look at a single picture and figure out that the sentence spoken is supposed to be something like "I want to make a reservation for next Thursday at 7pm," then Rosetta Stone or Tell Me More will work for you. They weren't good fits for my dd.

Visual Link has a fabulous 6 month money-back guarantee, so it isn't much of a risk to try it. My dd finished level 1 in January and is now working in level 2.

If immersion works for you and you think you can look at a single picture and figure out that the sentence spoken is supposed to be something like "I want to make a reservation for next Thursday at 7pm," then Rosetta Stone or Tell Me More will work for you. They weren't good fits for my dd..

just for clarification.... that's the Tell Me More screen, not RS. :)

I'm an immersion works for us kind of person..

I like RS, but didn't like Tell Me More.

Tell Me More seems not well suited until student knew the language better. I played a long time with all of the demos. Hopefully it's changed since my experience. I wanted to like it.

Maybe that's why it's not getting a lot of attention on hsbc? It's not the best fit for more people?

-crystal

I've been debating whether or not to buy TMM through this co-op deal, so I'm one of those possible last minute buyers. :)

Of course, now I have to go check out Visual Link and see if that would be a better fit for us.

*sigh* the choices.

Our library also has it. Maybe a lot of people have it at their library, so they're not buying.

We tried it. The kids didn't really like it. They weren't sure what they were supposed to be getting out of it. RS made more sense to them, but they didn't feel like they were getting all that much out of RS.