Menu

Graduation Presents?

We threw my ds a graduation party --- it was much appreciated. OK, costs money however most every guest asked if they could bring food. I declined for various reasons however I have gone to graduation parties where every guest was asked to bring a side dish and the parents provided hot dogs and chili. They were all lovely events that helped to commemorate the graduate. One family put together a digital slide show of their dc through the years. I did that for my ds too but he wouldn't let me show it at the party. {boys...:) }

Since DS needed a pc for college we gave that to him as his graduation present.

Carole

When my oldest graduated last year, I made up a photo book for him which contained many different photos from all along the way of our homeschooling. It had his "special" Bible verse in the beginning and his graduation photo at the end. Don't think it was very expensive - I used Shutterfly to do it. It was a surprise and was a very big hit. All the people at his graduation party also enjoyed looking at all the many different things he had done over his homeschool years. I plan to do it again for younger son in a couple of years.

I also knit him an afghan to take to college but that takes time.:D

We took each dd out to eat at a nice restaurant and gave her a birthstone necklace. :001_smile:

Neither one wanted a big deal for "high school" graduation. To them, it was unimportant; they were looking at college graduation. :001_smile:

Thanks, Ladies! I think we've settled on an engraved leather Bible for each and taking them out to the restaurant of their choice. I LOVE the idea of a photo album and want to do that, but absolutely will not have the time to put it together. I'm thinking of working on this over the summer and sending it to college with our one who is heading there in August.

I LOVE the idea of a photo album and want to do that, but absolutely will not have the time to put it together. I'm thinking of working on this over the summer and sending it to college with our one who is heading there in August.

This would help with the homesickness too!