Menu

CLE math users.

Koerarmoca

How long does it take your child to complete a light unit? I am considering buying this for my 3rd grader but would like to be able to complete it by Oct/Nov. (we are schooling year round) Do you think that is possible? She is generally pretty good in math but I want a little remediation before starting 4th grade math. We are 2 weeks into our Homeschooling journey.

How long does it take your child to complete a light unit? I am considering buying this for my 3rd grader but would like to be able to complete it by Oct/Nov. (we are schooling year round) Do you think that is possible? She is generally pretty good in math but I want a little remediation before starting 4th grade math. We are 2 weeks into our Homeschooling journey.

There are 10 light units in each level. It takes about 3 weeks to complete a book. The first book in each level is a review of concepts covered in the previous level. Basically, they want to make sure your child knows that information before moving on. Not sure if she has taken a placement test in CLE? They are pretty advanced compared to other programs especially as you progress through the program. I love it and have used it for several years now. If she is a good math student, then maybe you start with the 1st book in the 4th level and see if she passes the concepts taught in level 3. If not, you could just practice the concepts she struggles with and then move on. Or you might have to start in level 3 if she really struggles.

Good luck! :)

I am condensing CLE math too so I didn't use the first light unit (it was review), I don't do the 2 quizzes, the test or the lesson before the test (it is a test prep lesson). This brings 170 lessons down to 113? I believe. Divide by 5 days a week and you could finish in 23 weeks if my math is right.:tongue_smilie: Yep, doable if your dc can handle that pace.

There are 17 lessons in each book. ...so, 17 days each. You can skip the first and last unit....and not miss anything.

Hth,

Faithe

My dd is remediating and when we are covering topics she knows but needs review or cementing we have done 2 lessons in a day. She is a little older though and can handle 45-60 minutes of math a day, so YMMV. We do the quizzes and the test and I count those as a lesson. My dd is dying to get through the next whole grade level between now and September so I have offered her some incentives to work hard, focus and achieve a minimum of 90% on the LU tests.

I think it's reasonable if you are reviewing to double up or skip lessons which will make it go much faster.