Menu

New Ancient History Guide by Curiosity Academy Press (aka Aubrey Lively)

Last night as I was perusing my often neglected Google Reader blog list, I ran across an article about a new Logic Stage History Study Guide written by none other than our own Aubrey Lively. I have been following her blogs for a while now and watched how she incorporated the spirit of adventure into her History studies this past year simulating a real life experience on the Oregon Trail for her students. This year she is developing a guide for Logic Stage Ancient History. Her first of 6 units on Ancient History is now available as well as a timeline to go with it.

http://curiosityacademypress.webs.com/

It incorporates games and creativity into a classical, chronological history program. The program also incorporates Geography & Literature. There are simulations for History as well as Geography for the students to work through. I am now wishing that I could back up and start with Ancients again for next year!! She utilizes The World in Ancient Times series by Oxford UP, as well as other resources like Hands-on History: Ancient Civilizations in the guide. There are discussion questions for each section.

I am hoping she will be posting samples soon of her first unit for everyone to see. Even though I am moving onto Middle Ages for next year, I wanted to share this with everyone. I may even back up a bit and let the kids enjoy the simulations and additional study in Ancients over the summer. Hopefully Aubrey will chime in to answer any questions you might have after looking over the site. I just had to share it!

(Asking Aubrey) Are we allowed to copy & share that link with friends in an email or on FB?

PLEASE!! Yes! LOL--I measure my worth in blogger followers. :lol: I tried to bump it w/ dh's email but accidentally followed myself. As if that's not embarrassing enough, I couldn't figure out how to un-follow myself, so I had to ban myself from my blog. :svengo:

I probably shouldn't admit so much....:leaving:

But, yeah, "liking" on FB will also let you see news about free samples & such. And it makes it easier to find if you google it.

PLEASE!! Yes! LOL--I measure my worth in blogger followers. :lol: I tried to bump it w/ dh's email but accidentally followed myself. As if that's not embarrassing enough, I couldn't figure out how to un-follow myself, so I had to ban myself from my blog. :svengo:

But, yeah, "liking" on FB will also let you see news about free samples & such. And it makes it easier to find if you google it.

Great! I'm spreading the news and am excited for you! Don't be embarrassed, I'd be right there with you in banned-land, lol.

I noticed that you don't have any photos on the Facebook page. I probably have something suitable from our travels in Athens and Rome. Would it be helpful if I sent you something as a photo for the FB page?

I noticed that you don't have any photos on the Facebook page. I probably have something suitable from our travels in Athens and Rome. Would it be helpful if I sent you something as a photo for the FB page?

Maybe?? I have a drawing I scanned in, but now I can't find it. I've also got a friend doing some art. I think photos might be nice, too, but I'm so overwhelmed w/ the writing, I'm having a hard time visualizing visuals. I know they need to be there, though, lol.