Menu

Happy dancing here! NLE scores arrived today!

Not Erek's mom, but I highly recommend having the student read through "The Story of the Romans" carefully before taking the exam. There were numerous history questions on the Latin 2 exam (including a long passage about Marcus Curtius) that my daughter was able to breeze through because she'd just read the book the week before.

You can read "The Story of the Romans" online for free.

Congratulations! Now if you would, tell us how your dd prepared for the exam, what resources were most useful, study strategies, curriculum, etc.!

We used a conglomeration of materials:

First, we worked through The Phenomenon of Language: Tabula Latina by David Florian, then all of Galore Park Latin Prep 1 and about half of Latin Prep 2, along with some readings from Ecce Romani (mainly the Roman culture portions). Occasionally, we got bogged down in Latin Prep--I have no Latin background at.all--and then we would consult Henle's Latin Grammar and Jenney's First Year Latin for explanations. My very favorite of all of these was the David Florian book. I wish he had written other books that went beyond introductory Latin, because I would have used them without looking back.

Edited by ereks mom