Menu

Enbrel - I can't remember who recommened it but this is for you!

You said your dh takes Enbrel for his anklyosing spondiltis. I said I was afraid of needles. Well, Monday I've an appointment for my first injection. :001_huh:

My sed. rate is 80 even taking the celebrex and though I'm not happy about giving myself injections I've decided to suck it up and so I can feel better.

Does it work quickly?

It wasn't me, and I don't take Enbrel, I'm on Remicade. I just wanted you to know I'll be praying that it works well for you and that you can handle the shots.

My sis is terrified of needles. I get an infusion every two months, and they don't bother me. Being able to function is worth it!

You said your dh takes Enbrel for his anklyosing spondiltis. I said I was afraid of needles. Well, Monday I've an appointment for my first injection. :001_huh:

My sed. rate is 80 even taking the celebrex and though I'm not happy about giving myself injections I've decided to suck it up and so I can feel better.

Does it work quickly?

He seems to be feeling better within about 24 hours of his shot, but he's only 5 so it's mostly just my observations and not a lot of his telling me.

You can do this. Let us know how it goes, okay?

I used to take Enbrel, but now take Humira. I know with Humira, there is a special kit you can request instead of a pre-filled syringe that allows the injection to be much easier. Also, you can have your husband give you the injection this way. It's some spring-loaded jobber that you press against your skin and push the button. Much easier they say. I'm fine with needles, so I just do it the old-fashioned way.

I can't remember how fast it worked. My sed rate was 130 when I started and is 20-30 now. However, I was managed very agressively and was on a list of drugs simultaneously. Now, I can control my RA symptoms using only Humira.

Does it work quickly?

But I can't remember how quickly it started working....sorry! I'd ask him, but he's in Asia & I think asleep. I think he injects himself once a week or so--if he goes much longer the pain starts coming back. Once injected though, it goes away in a day or so.

I'll email him and ask how long it took initially for the Enbrel to kick in--it's been about 5 years since started taking it.

But I can't remember how quickly it started working....sorry! I'd ask him, but he's in Asia & I think asleep. I think he injects himself once a week or so--if he goes much longer the pain starts coming back. Once injected though, it goes away in a day or so.

I'll email him and ask how long it took initially for the Enbrel to kick in--it's been about 5 years since started taking it.

Thank you Elinor! Monday can't get here soon enough.

(He's in Hong Kong), and he said the first shot will take 2-4 weeks to kick in. But after that, if you are regular about taking them, it should feel so much better. And I can attest to that--the kids now have a daddy who can wrestle and play with them and I can hug him to my heart's content without hurting his ribs!

I'm so glad you're going in on Monday. You won't regret it! :thumbup1:

(He's in Hong Kong), and he said the first shot will take 2-4 weeks to kick in. But after that, if you are regular about taking them, it should feel so much better. And I can attest to that--the kids now have a daddy who can wrestle and play with them and I can hug him to my heart's content without hurting his ribs!

I'm so glad you're going in on Monday. You won't regret it! :thumbup1:

hugs. . . . .

I don't give many here because of my ribs. I'd never thought it was the arthritis but it is, isn't it. I remember it does affect the ribs too. I've been focusing on the pain in my neck and elbows these days.

hugs. . . . .

I don't give many here because of my ribs. I'd never thought it was the arthritis but it is, isn't it. I remember it does affect the ribs too. I've been focusing on the pain in my neck and elbows these days.

:grouphug: I just really hope that you will soon be hugging your family!!

Does it work quickly?

Streeetching . . . . that's me in the morning. I can't lst remember when I've felt like stretching or slept so well.

I self-injected this morning and it was just lah-de-dah, no biggie!

I know they told me that I wouldn't feel affects for 2 weeks--I did almost right away. What a productive week. :001_smile:

One thing though. Does anyone get dry lips with this stuff. My lips are painfully dry. Usually one or two application of Burts Bees and I'm good for a really long time. This weekend I just about used up my supply of chapstick. :confused: Anyway as long as I stay on top of applying this I'm not ready to give up Enbrel. It's just that good.

That's wonderful news!!!! When I was PG with my first baby, I was depressed after being nauseous for 6-8 weeks. The nausea was so pervasive and constant, I remember thinking, "If this is this bad, what must living with chronic, persistent pain be like?" Thank goodness you've found sweet relief. I'm so happy for all of you!

I've been off of it since July and boy am I ready (physically) to start it up again.

I needed to go off of it for a time so that I could take my 'international' vaccines (I'm going to Uganda in a few weeks).

I hate shots--but this one is not too bad. I do let it come to room temp--let it set out for about 10 minutes--before I take it. I also take it in my tummy--not as many nerves and easy to reach. Taking it cold HURTS!

I'm using it for SEVERE chronic psoriasis (head to toe and EVERYWHERE in between) and psoriatic arthritis.

I noticed a huge difference in movement--and noticable clearing --in less than 2 weeks. (I start with bi-weekly injections for the first 2 months and then go to once a week).