Menu

How many of you have lost $$ on a sale on this forum?

I try not to buy things from the board. Only because I'm lazy and cynical. I hate to go to the post office to buy a money order because it is just a hassle to do so, but I don't trust Paypal's security. And I won't send a personal check. That is just too much information to give away - name, addy, checking acct number.

The two times I did buy something it was a hassle for the seller because each of them had to wait for me to get up off my lazy butt to go to the post office to buy a money order.

For me though, both sellers were wonderful and I received my stuff pronto.

I have had both good and bad. More good than bad though. I have learned my lesson with delivery conformation only. It doesn't always get scanned and well I got scammed when it did not. I was out the books I sent and had to refund the buyer. Now if it is anything over 40 that they pay I insure it.

I still buy a lot on the boards. I have been using personal up up until recently. Now I will just go back to the regular paypal.

There should be a thread (a sticky?) about posters banned from the sale board, repeated scammers, their screen names and their "real" names and city from the mailing address.

I have been hesitant to buy but have had one out of one good experience so far. :)

One thing that makes me hesitate is seeing the same person apparently selling different versions of the same thing, repeatedly. I don't like the idea of used book stores posing as regular homeschool moms.

I am guilty of repeat selling, but I am also guilty of repeat buying!!!:lol: I drive myself and my hubby insane, not being able to make up my mind and thinking it might work for the next child!! As a Mom of 9 I have had opportunity to do this all too often:D This has become the most annoying hobby ever!

I think the worst I've had happen was a book being in worse condition than stated. I didn't notice until months later that there was blue crayon scribbles on about 50 pages, so I didn't do anything about it. I don't even remember who I purchased from. A few packages have been packed less than ideally, which I will send a note to the seller about. Luckily, none of the items were damaged. When selling, I always have delivery confirmation, and if it's over $50 I will usually add insurance without saying anything to the buyer. I try to remember to leave feedback to help good sellers, and to let other buyers know the seller is responsible. I only purchase from this site, occasionally ebay, and a few yahoo groups. This is the only place I sell unless I know it will sell well on ebay.

That is why I don't talk about it to DH! :D I sold some AAS curriculum and now want it BACK!

Dawn

I am guilty of repeat selling, but I am also guilty of repeat buying!!!:lol: I drive myself and my hubby insane, not being able to make up my mind and thinking it might work for the next child!! As a Mom of 9 I have had opportunity to do this all too often:D This has become the most annoying hobby ever!

I am somewhat relieved to report that the items actually arrived today. I say somewhat because I have already purchased a replacement as I thought after 90 days they weren't coming.

So, at least I didn't lose the money and she did send them, I am now having to resell them.

Dawn

I had a nice transaction here, and the price was good.

However, if it's not a great deal and the seller is not a frequent poster, I don't bother. I would much rather have new over used, without hassle, when you're talking mere dollars.

I look daily at the sale board, but I won't take the chance, and I would rather purchase hassle-free new. So unless it's a good deal from a regular poster, I don't bother. And fwiw, I **rarely** see good deals from regular posters.

P