Menu

Am I supposed to feel this way?

I'm taking antibiotics for a UTI, and I feel awful. I only have one more day of them, but I've been headachy since I started taking them - awful full-head headaches that go down my neck and into my back. Taking ibuprofen or acetominophen barely touches the pain. And I get waves of nausea. Lovely, huh?

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I don't think so. Mayhaps you need to have a follow-up, to make sure they are working (could it have passed to your kidney's already) and you don't need something stronger, and to see if maybe you're having some sort of reaction to them. Hugs

I don't think so. Mayhaps you need to have a follow-up, to make sure they are working (could it have passed to your kidney's already) and you don't need something stronger, and to see if maybe you're having some sort of reaction to them. Hugs

:iagree:

Cindy

Are you by chance taking a flouroquinolone (cipro, Levaquin, etc...) If so, it very well may be a reaction/side effect to the medication. Have another urinalysis done to see if the infection is gone and you can stop the med or change to another if still needed.

It's a sulfa one and I just googled it - yep, a common side-effect. I think I'll suffer through one more day. The UTI is totally gone, anyway, and then all of this will be over, LOL!

They should make sure your chart indicates you have a sulfa allergy. And don't forget to mention it to your other doctors. I am allergic to sulfa, too. I had a UTI, and when I started feeling worse after taking the sulfa, I thought it was just the infection. Then my legs started tingling, and I broke out in hives! Lots of fun.

Wendi