Menu

Standarized testing -which one do you use?

Teresa in MO

I am not required by law to test, but I want to do that this year with my 5th, 7th, and 8th grader. My 8th grader took the PASS test at the end of 6th grade, but that is all any have had. What would you recommend for testing? I think I want something that gives me grade equivalent.

I am in Missouri too and I believe you can request the MAP test from your school district. I can't remember where I got this information, but maybe from FHE. I was able to take my son to our public school and get his reading level tested. It was easy to do, but that might be because I personally know the teacher in charge and a family member works there too.

When we had to test I used the CAT5 test. It was easy to administer and gave all the relevant info in the results.

I don't have to test now but since we haven't tested in about 4 yrs I'm going to use it this yr to just to see where the kids are.

They are $37 now.

ETA-this is where I get mine:

http://www.familylearning.org/testing.html

Edited by Ann in IA

When we had to test I used the CAT5 test. It was easy to administer and gave all the relevant info in the results.

I don't have to test now but since we haven't tested in about 4 yrs I'm going to use it this yr to just to see where the kids are.

They are $37 now.

ETA-this is where I get mine:

http://www.familylearning.org/testing.html

ditto that. I love the woman at FLO, she is so nice and knowledgeable. We've just finished up tests today.

Alison