Menu

the new sonlight catalog

mama27

Hee, hee! OP, you crack me up! I did enjoy reading the reasons behind and the goals for each core. In fact, it was my bedtime reading material last night. I do miss reading about each item, though. I certainly don't hate the catalog, and I feel badly for the people who put it together if they happen to read some of the reviews on this board. I worked in marketing in my previous life, so I know how invested one can get in a project. I respect the work that went into the creation of this catalog, and I am focusing on what they did right this year.

I have to confess that I like it too. I do miss the book descriptions, but I think it's much more visually appealing. You can see everything that's in the core in one glance instead of leafing through pages and pages.

There must be some way to add book descriptions back into the new format. I'm imagining a reference at the back that just lists books by topic or reading level. I'd pay 5 bucks for a Sonlight catalog like that :001_smile:.

I have to confess that I like it too. I do miss the book descriptions, but I think it's much more visually appealing. You can see everything that's in the core in one glance instead of leafing through pages and pages.

There must be some way to add book descriptions back into the new format. I'm imagining a reference at the back that just lists books by topic or reading level. I'd pay 5 bucks for a Sonlight catalog like that :001_smile:.

:iagree: I do hope they put the book descriptions and prices back in next year but I do like it otherwise. I will say that I'm not reading it as much because of the lack of book descriptions.

OOOOoooo! I am SO jealous. I live in CA and have not received my catalog yet. On top of my impatient-ness, we moved three weeks ago and I can't find my old catalog. My obsessing and brooding has nowhere to turn!

Out of curiosity, for those of you who have already received the catalog, where do you live? Maybe I can metally track where mine is right now. At least it would give me something to do. Right?! :lol:

I'm just hoping I changed my address in time to have it sent to my new home, instead of it getting re-routed through my old address.

YAY! Glad to hear someone likes it!

Monica

i just got it today. i figured i'd boost my popularity by saying i like it better than the old one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iagree:

I just got mine yesterday and was waiting for it to be horrible based on what I had read on here. For me, the new layout is great. I love seeing an entire core on one page. I always go to scholastic book wizard for lexile levels anyway, so I can just read a book description on there as well.

OOOOoooo! I am SO jealous. I live in CA and have not received my catalog yet. On top of my impatient-ness, we moved three weeks ago and I can't find my old catalog. My obsessing and brooding has nowhere to turn!

Out of curiosity, for those of you who have already received the catalog, where do you live? Maybe I can metally track where mine is right now. At least it would give me something to do. Right?! :lol:

I'm just hoping I changed my address in time to have it sent to my new home, instead of it getting re-routed through my old address.

YAY! Glad to hear someone likes it!

Monica

I live in SC.

I received mine several days ago. It is very pretty, they did a great job. I think it will be useful to anyone who is new to SL or considering SL for the first time. The catalog seems to be targeting that audience. :)

I do appreciate that a LOT of work went into their new catalog. I truly enjoy using SL with my children, and know that a lot goes on behind the scenes to make them such a good company.

However, the catalog is not very useful to me now. I loved to read the book descriptions, and show them to my dh. I used to look through the catalog when the kids were at music lessons or some other such class and decide whether or not I wanted to update my older cores or purchase a new IG.

They are about to update their web site. It's not the same, but if they do a good job, it might not take too much time to search there for what I want.