Menu

Turbo Tax and stimulus checks

Has anyone else heard this? I have read elsewhere that if you used Turbo tax and paid for the fees by having it taken out of your refund, that you wont be getting direct deposit ( even if your refund was DD), you will be getting a paper check. Which really stinks as I was supposed to get ours May 9th, but now we will be getting a paper check mailed on June 20th.

So if you used the " Where's your stimulus" link at the IRS web site and got an error message and used TT to file, this could be why.

I just found this:

http://www.9wsyr.com/content/news/real_deal/story.aspx?content_id=6423675d-f8d3-4a1e-9b48-14ab794f1761

What If I Filed My Return Online Through Turbo Tax?

If you file and get your tax return through the mail, that's how you'll get your rebate check. If you chose direct deposit, your money will appear in your bank account in the coming months.

That’s not true if you're one of the people who prepared their taxes on line through the site Turbo Tax and chose to have the preparation fee taken out of your return.

When you do that, the IRS sends your refund check to Turbo Tax’s bank, they take out their share and then deposit the rest into your bank account.

If you did it that way, instead of paying for the prep fee separately with a credit card, your stimulus check will be mailed to you.

The same is true if you received a refund anticipation loan or if you split your refund between several accounts.

It's just the easiest way for the IRS to make sure there are no errors when it comes to sending you the money.

Has anyone else heard this? I have read elsewhere that if you used Turbo tax and paid for the fees by having it taken out of your refund, that you wont be getting direct deposit ( even if your refund was DD), you will be getting a paper check. Which really stinks as I was supposed to get ours May 9th, but now we will be getting a paper check mailed on June 20th.

So if you used the " Where's your stimulus" link at the IRS web site and got an error message and used TT to file, this could be why.

Oh dear i hope this is not that case!

We used Turbo Tax and our money was direct deposited last Friday.

Blessings

Zoraida.

Did you pay your turbo tax fees out of your refund or did you pay them with a debit card, CC etc? OOPS sent too soon. If you paid with checking or credit card you still get a direct deposit.