Menu

Self-paced online science class

mom2three

Is there such a thing? Something like the self-paced history class from Veritas Press?

I really don't like to teach science, so my dd has been taking science through a co-op. However, we will be moving overseas this summer, and I need to find something that she can do online or independently. She is currently doing 5th/6th grade work.

Thank you.

http://www.sciencelearningspace.com/ supercharged science... they have an all online component the kids do all types of fun experiments too.. i believe there is a free trial too

Are you using this now? I watched the intro video and it seems like a great program. Do your kids get excited about science as mentioned by some of the testimonies on the site?

Plato Science is available through the homeschool buyers co-op and is self paced for middle school. I add them to a textbook and labs but our state OLVS uses them independently for credit.

Are the labs part of the program? Or do you add them yourself?

...supply lists for the experiments were very long. ...but I found myself spending quite a bit of money per month buying the supplies (on top of the subscription). She also makes it sounds like you just turn it on and the "program" does the rest. That never happened either.

I was wondering about that. I was thinking it would be too much when we are abroad.

What are you using now?