Menu

WWYD, dh schedules birthday dinner for son but cancels 30 minutes before because pain

in his back is too much.....

1. go anyway with the kids

2. stay home (dirty house that I finally decided was OK to just let go this week as a coping measure for life's crappiness)

3. Other?

Son's been counting down the days since 364 days ago.

Already called and canceled with the inlaws since I can't do that alone no matter which option we choose.

I agree... unless your DH needs to be taken to urgent care and/or can't manage the bathroom on his own I'd ask him if he wants you to bring him back anything and then take the kids out. DS deserves to have his birthday celebrated and I'm sure it would be nice to get out for an hour or two, especially if someone else is cooking/serving/cleaning up dinner!

I agree... unless your DH needs to be taken to urgent care and/or can't manage the bathroom on his own I'd ask him if he wants you to bring him back anything and then take the kids out. DS deserves to have his birthday celebrated and I'm sure it would be nice to get out for an hour or two, especially if someone else is cooking/serving/cleaning up dinner!

:iagree:

DS chose to go ahead with his dinner without Dad. I know he was concerned that it'd never get done otherwise. For one life reason or another things tend to be get canceled around here regularly.

We weren't the only mom-only chaperoned birthday dinner present. I noticed another lady across the way. We nodded and shared a smile.

Dad got take-home lasagna from Olive Garden which he ate while laying on the floor icing his back.

Sounds like you did the best you could for everyone. I hope you dh's back heals soon.

DS chose to go ahead with his dinner without Dad. I know he was concerned that it'd never get done otherwise. For one life reason or another things tend to be get canceled around here regularly.

We weren't the only mom-only chaperoned birthday dinner present. I noticed another lady across the way. We nodded and shared a smile.

Dad got take-home lasagna from Olive Garden which he ate while laying on the floor icing his back.