Menu

K bible curriculum

Guest AJhomeschooler

No formal curriculum.

We read from Catherine Vos' The Child's Story Bible. Kids sometimes color a page from the Great Commission's Bible coloring book to go with that day's text.

We also do Great Commission Publications' First Catechism.

Bible memory is not really part of school b/c we all do it at meals using the Simple Charlotte Mason system. We would do that no matter how we chose to school. Same with catechism, but it takes longer and so fits better with school than at the table after meals.

We have used other Bibles, notably The Jesus Storybook Bible and The Big Picture Story Bible. I like the one Sonlight recommends too.

hth :)

Edited by ScoutTN

I have tried several K Bible curriculums and all have fell short in my opinion. For my youngest when she was in K, I used the Beginner's Bible as the main text. She would read from it a story and then I would show her where the story was in the Bible and retell it with more detail. We learned the books of the Bible and how to find things. I found color pages for the stories we were learning and would have her tell me a sentence or two about what she learned about the Bible character and write it on the color page. She learned a memory verse every week from the ABC memory verse list. This was her copywork.Everyday we would begin our Bible time with a short prayer and then a review of the person we were learning about. She learned so much that year.

• 3 weeks later...
We read from Catherine Vos' The Child's Story Bible.

This is what we used. We read through the Old Testament in Kindergarten and the New Testament in first grade (which we finished about halfway through the year). We both LOVED it! We'll be starting it again in the fall, when DS starts K.

We read Bible stories from Egermeir's as a part of Sonlight, but we also do the Bible Stories to Read and Color from Rod & Staff. My dd's love, love, love, to read Bible stories so I usually end up readin the same ones over and over.

With ds, I looked at Abeka, but we ended up using BJU. Easier to find used (and cheaper used) and much better and more in depth, while still on a K level.