Menu

Favorite poetry collections?

My dd and I love poetry. When she was younger she especially enjoyed these books: Poem Stew by Cole and Weinhaus, The Hopeful Trout and Other Limericks by Ciardi and Meddaugh and Favorite Poems Old and New edited by Ferris. I guarantee that your children will find many poems in these books that they enjoy reading and memorizing.

My dd and I love poetry. When she was younger she especially enjoyed these books: Poem Stew by Cole and Weinhaus, The Hopeful Trout and Other Limericks by Ciardi and Meddaugh and Favorite Poems Old and New edited by Ferris. I guarantee that your children will find many poems in these books that they enjoy reading and memorizing.

We loved these books also. Two more of our favorites are A Zooful of Animals and An Arkful of Animals, both by William Cole. I don't know how old your children are, but my 16 year old daughter still loves The Random House Book of Poetry for Children. We also have A Treasury of Poetry for Young People which is a nice selection of American poets like Frost and Sandburg. You'll find more serious poems in this book.