Menu

If I had one of these, I'd wear it every day.

LOL I'd love to see your mail man's face when you come to the door wearing that. ;) :tongue_smilie: hehehe You were born in the wrong time I think, my dear. :)

She didn't bat an eyelid when I answered the door with a cardboard masque on my head. :001_huh::lol:

I'd wear it all!

Oh yeah, I love the outfit. I've made part of a similar one for the SCA but tragically, no one will buy me bronze wire for Christmas, so I am bling-less! I probably wouldn't wear it down to the library or anything, though it is fun to shop on the way to an event and see all the people NOT looking. :lol: If they are that curious, they should just ask, heheh.

Rosie

She didn't bat an eyelid when I answered the door with a cardboard masque on my head.

I SERIOUSLY need to get down to Oz to visit you. We'd have some laughs I'm sure. :) I'll do the cooking, you can do the entertaining. ;) hehehehe My mail person gives me a hard time about having to deliver packages. :001_huh: She told me that I was "on her list" and when I looked at the package it wasn't even for me. It was for my neighbor two doors down. Crazy woman! :confused:

Oh yeah, I love the outfit. I've made part of a similar one for the SCA but tragically, no one will buy me bronze wire for Christmas, so I am bling-less! I probably wouldn't wear it down to the library or anything, though it is fun to shop on the way to an event and see all the people NOT looking. :lol: If they are that curious, they should just ask, heheh.

Rosie

:lol::lol::lol: That's hilarious! hehehehe

Guest CarolineUK

Where and when is it from? We could ask Dr Who to send you there. But only if you could still use the internet, we'd miss you too much here otherwise.

Where and when is it from? We could ask Dr Who to send you there. But only if you could still use the internet, we'd miss you too much here otherwise.

Dr Who would probably dump me in a war or something. Has he ever shown any interest in textiles? I don't think I'd trust him :glare::lol:

I'm not altogether sure on the time period, but it comes from around Latvia. The pics came from a document written in Latvian, so I'm not sure if it is Livonian or Latgalian. My friend said the top half of the document is Latgalian and the bottom is Livonian, but of course I can't tell where they swap over!

ftp://balticom-200-234.balticom.lv/BOOK/Gramatas%20Par%20Latvijas%20Vesturi/Apgerbs%20Latvija%207.-17.gs.%20%5BLat%5D.pdf

Scroll down half way to the coloured pics. Yeah, yeah. Shiny.

:)

Rosie

Guest CarolineUK

Wow, beautiful bling! I no read Latvian, unfortunately.

I could definitely see you as a Warrior Queen in a Dr Who adventure, slaying foes with your razor sharp wit. Not in that outfit though, it's a bit too homely. You'd need lots of bling, requiring a major investment in bronze wire and stuff.

Wow, beautiful bling! I no read Latvian, unfortunately.

I could definitely see you as a Warrior Queen in a Dr Who adventure, slaying foes with your razor sharp wit. Not in that outfit though, it's a bit too homely. You'd need lots of bling, requiring a major investment in bronze wire and stuff.

Bling into weaponry? Maybe we need to look more at James Bond. But you are right. The outfit is too homely for James Bond :lol:

Rosie