Menu

How come we're not all betting........

is that this weekend? Have fun with the mint julips :)

Is that this weekend?? IS THAT THIS WEEKEND?? Oh dear, as much as I love this board maybe I should defect to the horse board for today!!

Tracey, I'm going to have a julep just for you!

I took 3 mares to be bred last week using AI. The vet is a neat lady who used to do Thoroughbred breeding and got burned out. Because the Jockey Club requries live cover - she said that she used to be one of 8 attendants during a breeding. Can you imagine the costs associated with owning a high end Thoroughbred horse?

I took 3 mares to be bred last week using AI. The vet is a neat lady who used to do Thoroughbred breeding and got burned out. Because the Jockey Club requries live cover - she said that she used to be one of 8 attendants during a breeding. Can you imagine the costs associated with owning a high end Thoroughbred horse?

I can barely imagine the costs associated with run of the mill ranch horses!!

We're not hooked up to satellite or cable, so I'll just go nuts today waiting to see. Unless I decide to go in and find it at mil's, which I probably won't do.

BTW when are you going to show us pics?

Is that this weekend?? IS THAT THIS WEEKEND?? Oh dear, as much as I love this board maybe I should defect to the horse board for today!!

Tracey, I'm going to have a julep just for you!

(whispering) I didn't realize it was already the first Saturday in May, either. Ya better have a 2nd for me.

I totally thought you were going to say we should bet on when Sue will have that baby.

My senior prom was the same day as the Derby. Prom was at the Pimlico Hotel. We ate dinner at a restaurant right by the track. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

Remudamom, have you ever been to the Derby? Dh and I were blessed to be able to go about 12 years ago. You know it was a great time when it doesn't seem like 12 years ago AT ALL, and we think of it with such fond memories every.single.year.

This year, dh's daughter (my stepdaughter who is 24yo) is working there. She's working as the bartender on Millionaire Row today.

Enjoy your Mint Julep (s?)! (I personally can't stand the stuff, LOL)

Eight Belles is 12-1 at 3:54! I haven't seen the whole 20 yet, so I don't want to make a pick, but I'm sure partial to the filly :D

We've been watching since noon :tongue_smilie:

She broke her front ankles and had to be euthanized. :-(

(((Remudamom)))! I thought of you the entire time I watched. And to think she was in 2nd place. If I teared up, I can only imagine your emotion. I've never seen a Derby where that has happened before. I'm sorry.