Menu

Human Odyssey Integrated Writing & Literature

Is there a blog, or a thread, or any resource out there, free or reasonably priced, who has used The Human Odyssey for history, combining writing assignments and literature selections from the time period, with book lists and *crossing fingers* lesson plans? This would be for a 7th grader, next year.

I have no idea but perhaps when you buy the K12 full course, there may be recs in the TM and student materials. You could order it then cancel the online access as I understand it doesn't really add to the course.

Yep, in the TM and student guides there are writing assignments...outlining, writing from an outlining, essay, etc. I don't recall any books listed. Most of the other resources list are websites. Oh, I do see a book listed in Lesson 5 "Daily LIfe in Ancient Egypt."

Yep, in the TM and student guides there are writing assignments...outlining, writing from an outlining, essay, etc. I don't recall any books listed. Most of the other resources list are websites. Oh, I do see a book listed in Lesson 5 "Daily LIfe in Ancient Egypt."

The Student Pages and Teacher Manual (which we bought 2nd hand: search for "Intermediate World History Student Pages") is broken down into lessons. There are reading guide worksheets (many of which we skip and do outlining instead), mapwork, writing assignments etc. You definitely do not need the online component. The student pages can be used quite easily offline.

The teacher pages have the answers to the student pages and a few extra teaching notes (if money is tight, I think you could skip the teacher edition and still get a lot from the student pages).

Lufkymama and KarenNC have put together nice lists of additional reading and resources in this thread.