Menu

We used the chemistry and medicine books. I have to agree with what the others are saying about them not being a complete curriculum. However, I think they make great add-ons. The medicine book was fascinating! :)

My dd is thoroughly enjoying the Medicine book. She writes her own summaries of each chapter a la WTM and it (the book itself AND the writing about it) is something she looks forward to every week. I could see this book as being a great jumping off point to go into great depth on the different people covered but I can't comment on the rest in the series as we have not got to them yet (they're on my shelf waiting for next year). :) I also like the short comprehension questions at the end of each chapter as that helps cover some LA and I love the multi-tasking aspect. ;)

I don't have a 6th grader yet so I don't know if they would be enough for that age/level. Exploring the World of Physics is definitely one of the harder ones and would be meaty enough as a jumping off point- not enough for a whole year of study but probably a semester? The others, IMO, would make better supplements.

Of course, I pull them off my shelf and now my dd is reading them. :lol: She was excited to see we had sequels to The History of Medicine. :tongue_smilie: I guess that's further proof she really likes it. :D

We used the Biology course as his spine for a semester. It's mostly plant and animal biology and we added in anatomy sources to fill out the semester. I liked using it because ds was able to read on his own and quick run through the chapter questions told me how well he comprehended.

I also own the chemistry book and will probably add it, as Crimson Wife stated, to our high school chem as a History of...book.