Menu

question about making a trifle

Okay, so I want to test out this chocolate/berry trifle before I make it for guests. How does one go about "sprinkling" the liquor (in this case Chambord) on the cake in such a way that it is evenly distributed??? To make things harder, I want to do individual trifles - one for each person. Should toss the cake with the Chambord in a separate large bowl and then divide it among the individual trifle dishes? There's only a 2 or 3 (can't recall) Tbs for an entire cake, so it seems like it would be hard to do this. Help, please?

I've used two methods when I've made trifle. I like cutting the cake into pieces and then soaking each side in shallow pan until the cake is soaked through.

I've also used a mister bottle for a very fine grained cake that I knew would simply crumble using the first method.

HTH!

I'd be afraid I'd use too much liquor! :lol: Just don't know what you mean by a mister bottle, but the cake is just from a mix, so it would fall apart with your soaking method, I am sure. Again, it seems like this would use up a LOT more liquor than what my recipe calls for.

So, do I buy a mister bottle in lawn and garden? I really haven't a clue, but I appreciate your help.