Menu

Chiropractic question

I went to the chiropractor today for an adjustment to help relieve some pain in my hip. While he was doing the adjustment on my back, he asked me if I have digestion issues. I do. Badly. How did he know that? I am going back to him on Friday and plan on asking him, but I was wondering if any of you might know how he knew by feeling my back that I have digestion problems.

TIA,

Maddykate

One of the whole foundations of the science behind chiropractic is that the spine has nerves that connect to the rest of the body. So your digestive system will be connected to nerves that pass through certain vertebrae, and if those vertebrae are "subluxated", or not quite sitting right together, it will affect the nerve supply and even blood supply to the digestive system. So certain vertebrae are connected to different organs and parts of the body and a good chiropractor will notice if certain vertebrae are not right and be aware of the connection to certain parts of the body.

By correcting the spinal alignment, many conditions can be cured and helped- from colic in babies to digestive issues to asthma and skin conditions and even learning difficulties. Its all related to the spine and the nerves that pass through it.

I know a homeschooling lady whose liver cancer was picked up by her chiropractor, not a doctor. He told her to go to a doctor to get it checked out and she did have liver cancer.

This is why chiropractic is often considered a little "out there" and alternative rather than mainstream- because they treat many things other than back or neck pain. My brother is a chiro and is passionate about health on many levels- it is so much more than fixing a bad back, but it does that too.

One of the whole foundations of the science behind chiropractic is that the spine has nerves that connect to the rest of the body. So your digestive system will be connected to nerves that pass through certain vertebrae, and if those vertebrae are "subluxated", or not quite sitting right together, it will affect the nerve supply and even blood supply to the digestive system. So certain vertebrae are connected to different organs and parts of the body and a good chiropractor will notice if certain vertebrae are not right and be aware of the connection to certain parts of the body.

By correcting the spinal alignment, many conditions can be cured and helped- from colic in babies to digestive issues to asthma and skin conditions and even learning difficulties. Its all related to the spine and the nerves that pass through it.

I know a homeschooling lady whose liver cancer was picked up by her chiropractor, not a doctor. He told her to go to a doctor to get it checked out and she did have liver cancer.

This is why chiropractic is often considered a little "out there" and alternative rather than mainstream- because they treat many things other than back or neck pain. My brother is a chiro and is passionate about health on many levels- it is so much more than fixing a bad back, but it does that too.

Great post! I am a big believer in chiropractors and recommend them for everything! My chiro diagnosed my scoliosis and corrected it. It has done wonders!

I would keep going to that chiropractor. The first time I went to a chiropractor for a muscle and shoulder problem, he asked me if I got frequent headaches. I said yes, I had headaches almost every day. I kept going to him, and I didn't have another headache for probably 2 years. He has since retired, and I haven't found another chiropractor that I like as much, yet, but I totally believe a good chiro can change your life!

As a Chiropractor myself, I will often know what is going on with the organs as I palpate a patient's spine. An irritation within the organ will make the corresponding area of the spine subluxated. The reverse is true as well, a subluxated area of the spine can and most often will irritate the corresponding organ. :)

• 1 month later...