Menu

Do you know where I can get a 10 inch bread pan - either stainless or stone?

I posted recently about wanting to switch all my bakeware to either stone or stainless. I make our family's bread and have tweaked my recipe over the years to one we love. I do not want to have to go back to the drawing board in that regard.

The dilemma is that it uses a 10 inch bread pan and I have not been able to find one this size in the options I want. I can find tons of 9 inch bread pans but not 10 inch. My loaf completely fills a 10 inch pan so just switching it to a 9 inch wouldn't work. Plus we love the big slices we get from using the bigger pan.

I have searched online to no avail. Can the hive help me?! :D

I posted recently about wanting to switch all my bakeware to either stone or stainless. I make our family's bread and have tweaked my recipe over the years to one we love. I do not want to have to go back to the drawing board in that regard.

The dilemma is that it uses a 10 inch bread pan and I have not been able to find one this size in the options I want. I can find tons of 9 inch bread pans but not 10 inch. My loaf completely fills a 10 inch pan so just switching it to a 9 inch wouldn't work. Plus we love the big slices we get from using the bigger pan.

I have searched online to no avail. Can the hive help me?! :D

I found one on amazon that is made of heavy gauge steel but it has the non stick coating. http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Inch-Nonstick-Bread-Pan/dp/B000SSV61G

Can you go up in size a little bit?

Here's a 10-1/2" by Chicago Metallic

An 11" cast iron pan

There are tonnes of 10-1/2" and 11" pottery loaf pans to be had, both glazed and unglazed (here's an example of a glazed one)

10-3/4" Le Creuset stoneware

Hartstone Pottery makes a large loaf pan... I'm not sure of the exact dimensions. (This particular pan is available at dozens of sites online).

Do you know what volume you need?

I have 2 Le Esprit de Cuisine pans that I use for bread that I LOVE, love, l o v e. The are ceramic and are very nice. The ones I use were labeled something other than bread pans but it was in French, so I don't know/remember what it said. Mine are 5x9 at the bottom.

I am not sure which size I have and don't really want to measure tonight.

Here is a 2 quart ( I think this is the size I have but mine have the fluted top like the second link)

http://www.amazon.com/Appolia-2-Quart-Rectangular-Baker-Black/dp/B00462R1FK/ref=sr_1_34?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1296456730&sr=1-34

Here is a mixed set that has larger sizes.

http://www.amazon.com/Appolia-French-Cuisine-Rectangle-Eggplant/dp/B004AP94DU/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1296456864&sr=1-7

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

King Arthur Flour has a 10" x 5" for $16.95, and they are made exceptionally well. I have a few pans made by the same manufacturer and absolutely LOVE them! Here is the link. :001_smile:

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. If you've never used King Arthur Flour for baking, you've gotta try it out! Unless I grind my own flour from grain, I only use KA or Bob's Red Mill. It makes all the difference in the world.