Menu

My root canal saga is over!

I got my permanent onlays? inlays? I can't remember what they are called!

I had the root canal by an endodontist in early Nov. Then I was still on antibiotics for a few more weeks.

My dentist did her work in early Dec and made molds for my new inlays?onlays?

Her theory is that I had too much good "tooth" left to do a crown. She doesn't like to grind away healthy teeth if she doesn't have to.

She also started the work to replace a filling that had bothered me since I got it 6 years ago. It hurt so much I couldn't chew on that side.

Fast forward til the end of Dec. I was supposed to get my "new" in/onlays but I had such a bad cough I couldn't go.

So yesterday was my appointment. I was still really scared because the tooth w/o the root canal had started to ache and I was getting that panicky feeling again. But they told me it was b/c the temporary filling started to break down after so long.

They did have to do something to my gums (that I didn't want to know the details of) because of an overgrowth of the gums where they shouldn't be. But I made it thru!

So now I have 2 fixed teeth! Yay! :D

Edited by unsinkable

Yay! :hurray:

Now, tell me it's not too bad...pretty please? Because I am putting off making an appt with the endodontist I was referred to. After all, I still have one side of my mouth I can chew on, right? I said, am I right?! :001_unsure:

It was less painful than the pain I dealt with for months and with the abscess I eventually got!

The novocaine shots hurt and there were a few twinges but that is it.

You might not have seen my other posts on this but I was s3xu@lly assaulted (not at the dentist) but something about being unable to move while people shove stuff in my mouth makes me so anxious I couldn't think straight.

I took a valium-type medicine the entire day before the root canal and the day of the root canal. I think it might have helped to have it in me the whole day before. I had tried taking 1 pill, just to see what it felt like and it felt like nothing.

Good luck!

You can do it!

It was less painful than the pain I dealt with for months and with the abscess I eventually got!

The novocaine shots hurt and there were a few twinges but that is it.

You might not have seen my other posts on this but I was s3xu@lly assaulted (not at the dentist) but something about being unable to move while people shove stuff in my mouth makes me so anxious I couldn't think straight.

I took a valium-type medicine the entire day before the root canal and the day of the root canal. I think it might have helped to have it in me the whole day before. I had tried taking 1 pill, just to see what it felt like and it felt like nothing.

Good luck!

You can do it!

Wow, I am so sorry, and no, I did not know that about you. I'm sorry for the flip tone of my post. I was making light of the fact that I do not want to have the dental work done, but I had no idea of your background and the reasons that this was such a big deal for you. :( I'm glad it is over for you and that you got thru it ok. :grouphug:

Wow, I am so sorry, and no, I did not know that about you. I'm sorry for the flip tone of my post. I was making light of the fact that I do not want to have the dental work done, but I had no idea of your background and the reasons that this was such a big deal for you. :( I'm glad it is over for you and that you got thru it ok. :grouphug:

Oh, wow...I didn't take ANY OFFENSE AT ALL!!! :grouphug:

I love a good flip tone. :D

When I think of the years I wasted, yes, years, being in pain and worrying, I can't even believe it. I had tried to call dentists before but I couldn't even dial the numbers without shaking.

This fall, I called the dentist that I would eventually go to and asked if they did sedation dentistry and the receptionist was so sweet but told me they didn't do that. Then she said, "What's going on, hon, that you think you need that?" with the most caring, concerned tone...and it went from there.

I told the receptionist yesterday that if she hadn't been so sweet on the phone I never would have had the courage to do it.

Don't worry about your post at all!!!

And call the endodontist. I'll go with you if you need someone! :D

Oh, wow...I didn't take ANY OFFENSE AT ALL!!! :grouphug:

I love a good flip tone. :D

When I think of the years I wasted, yes, years, being in pain and worrying, I can't even believe it. I had tried to call dentists before but I couldn't even dial the numbers without shaking.

This fall, I called the dentist that I would eventually go to and asked if they did sedation dentistry and the receptionist was so sweet but told me they didn't do that. Then she said, "What's going on, hon, that you think you need that?" with the most caring, concerned tone...and it went from there.

I told the receptionist yesterday that if she hadn't been so sweet on the phone I never would have had the courage to do it.

Don't worry about your post at all!!!

And call the endodontist. I'll go with you if you need someone! :D

Oh good, I'm glad I didn't offend you. And I wish you could go with me! I have a filling tomorrow and that will be bad enough. Ugh!