Menu

Need help finding a good, reliable dishwasher

you could have the one in my house....really nice, just sitting there. but it forecloses tomorrow.....kinda hard to get organized now :001_huh:

when we went looking we found the appliance store was the most helpful b/c they are often hooked up and you can listen to them run. We got a kitchen aid with the stainless interior, auto grinder for food in it, and a quiet pack for sound and WOW, that was the biggest deal...it was so quiet I often thought it wasn't running. I ended up buying at lowe's when they had one on clearance but the appliance store was very helpful.

Entry level Bosch's are $500ish. The $500 model won a Consumer Reports Best Buy award in 2009. I didn't update my 2010 research.

We bought an entry-level Bosch a few months ago, white with stainless steel interior. It's quiet, it cleans dishes, and it has a child lock on it (I often find my toddlers have turned on an empty dishwasher.. :glare:). Nothing fancy, and IMO the button plate looks and feels cheap, but it does the job well. All I can ask for!

I'd rather spend less money on a dishwasher and save up for that high end Samsung electric oven/range someone posted a link to a couple weeks ago. *drool...*

Guest momk2000

We have always liked Kenmore and have all Kenmore appliances in our kitchen. We purchased a new dishwasher a few years ago, and it has been very reliable. Don't remember what we paid for it, but we always go for middle of the road. Never buy the top of the line model, but also never settle for the cheapie unless we have to.