Menu

Anyone here use the P90X dvds?

Hey, I was just on the phone trying to order those! I need to call customer service first (not open today) because they want to charge me tax - they're in CA and I'm in MA - I've never been charged tax for an internet purchase unless the company has a store or other physical place of business in my state? :confused:

But after I clear that up, I still plan to order them. :D Need to lose the cookies around my middle... :glare:

I think sometimes of they have warehouses in your state then they have to charge tax :glare:

Yes, a warehouse or office of any kind would invoke the taxing, but the call center doesn't have a clue if they have one here or not... :tongue_smilie: I'll have to call customer service on Monday. I know it's just a bit over $6, but I hate to spend any money I don't have to. :)

Where did you start? Did you use their journal?

I actually opted to do my own "light" version, which consisted of me jogging on the treadmill on the odd days and doing the suggested cardio disc on the even days. In the end, I was doing 3 days of jogging and 3 days of some cardio (Kenpo, Yogo, Plyometrics or something else but I forget--not Stretch) and 1 day of rest. On the "recovery" week, I followed the suggested video program to a T. I didn't use the journal to track anything and made sure I was eating very sensibly and really made an effort to cut out sweets and desserts. It really worked wonders. In just 3 weeks, my legs were more toned and slender and my pants were very loose. I think it is really a fabulous program.

We're just starting the program here. So far, I've done:

chest & back w/ab ripper X

plyometrics

shoulders & arms w/ab ripper X

kenpo (just finished this one a few hours ago;))

I'm not usually super-challenged by work-out DVD's, but wow, these REALLY get me!!!

I was sooo sore after the first two. Oh, my goodness...

The ab-ripper is VERY challenging, but then again, I've had 2 c-sections in the last 4 years, so YMMV.

We're trying to follow the ratios of fat/carbs/protein laid out in the diet plan. I've been putting everything into FitDay to keep track. So far, I'm realizing that, while I don't really overeat, my ratios are WAY off, and I'm planning to improve that drastically!

Good luck!

How much room do you need to do P90X? And do you NEED a chin-up bar? We have no suitable door frames that could handle one.

You just need a few square feet of room. Both my DH and I follow along in about a 4'x8' space. They show you how to substitute an exercise band for the chin-up bar. It goes over something at the top, and then you pull down on the ends, so it's sort of draped over something. You could probably google or youtube some innovative substitutions.

HTH!

Seconding the warning about eBay - if the price is too good to be true, it probably is. I got a pirated version of another Beachbody program on eBay. It was amazingly professional looking, but I was able to determine it wasn't authentic by comparing it to a set purchased from Beachbody.

I personally think it is better to buy from a good Beachbody coach/retailer rather than directly from Beachbody. My recommendation is totalfitnessdvds.net. They have fantastic customer service. Their sister site, totalfitnessdvds.com, sells non-Beachbody videos.

I did P90X last fall. The workouts were hard and I appreciated the variety. I was tired of always being on the treadmill and doing the same Body For Life weight lifts. It was hard to stick through all 13 weeks of P90X, 6 days a week. It is a real commitment, though I am glad I completed it.

After completing the program I chose the DVD workouts I liked best and incorporated the treadmill back in as I am supposed to be doing weight-bearing cardio to build bone. I like coming up with a combo that works all areas of the body with some variety.

Overall, I am glad I did P90X. The change of pace and challenge were both good for me.

Sharon

I personally think it is better to buy from a good Beachbody coach/retailer rather than directly from Beachbody. My recommendation is totalfitnessdvds.net. They have fantastic customer service. Their sister site, totalfitnessdvds.com, sells non-Beachbody videos.

Why is it better to buy from one of these places than direct? Do they have better prices or shipping? Do the other places also throw in the "extras" (Beachbody is saying the Ab-Buster dvd and an exercise band are free "extras" when you order).

Why is it better to buy from one of these places than direct? Do they have better prices or shipping? Do the other places also throw in the "extras" (Beachbody is saying the Ab-Buster dvd and an exercise band are free "extras" when you order).

They usually have the same terms, including the "extras" and money-back guarantees. They'll be detailed on the coach/retailer website, but definitely call the coach/retailer if you need clarification. Coach/retailer shipping is almost always cheaper than buying direct from Beachbody. And finally, some people prefer not to give Beachbody their credit card info, as they used to have a reputation for billing errors. I believe it has improved, but I'd rather give my credit card info to Mary at totalfitnessdvds.net than Beachbody.

And a note to anyone looking for P90X on the totalfitnessdvds.net website, you need to look under the Tony Horton link: here. I haven't used P90X myself, but I have really enjoyed ChaLEAN Extreme: link. The basic set for Brazil Butt Lift is pretty darn good too, if you can get past the name, lol: link. :D

I have a here about P90X. I'm doing P90X lean program. I'm in week 8. I love love love it! I bought mine directly from Beachbody 3months ago but I didn't receive any extras. Perhaps I should call them. My friend had said I should have gotten some bands and I thought on the website it said I would get bands but I didn't. One more thing for my to-do-list.

My favorite thing is the variety. And even though you're doing something different everyday, you're hitting the same body parts multiple times during the week.

Capt_Uhura