Menu

Spanish choices

Homemama2

Are there any good spanish curr's out there for under $100? (preferably MUCH cheaper!) My kids had a WONDERFUL spanish teacher in their co-op this year but unfortunately she is moving and I don't want them to lose what they've learned. Also I've taken a fair amount of spanish (4 years in high school and 2 semesters in college) So I feel 'fairly' confident teaching it-as in I don't need DVD's, but I would like something to go on (so far I've just been teaching colors, days of the week, etc on my own, but would like something that is more organized.) Thanks so much!!!!

Classical Academic Press has Spanish for Children. I have never used it, but I own Latin for Children and know that the format is the same. It is a grammar-based program. I think LfC moves very quickly for its targeted age, but if you know Spanish and would be comfortable drawing out the lessons (especially for your first grader) you might be happy with it.

Tara

How about Poco A Poco (free here: http://books.google.com/books?id=3stEAAAAIAAJ&dq=poco%20a%20poco&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false )

And the teacher's guide: http://books.google.com/books?id=_sIZAAAAYAAJ&dq=poco%20a%20poco%20manual&pg=PA3#v=onepage&q&f=false

I'm working on my Spanish so I can use these next year (We are currently using SALSA Spanish videos, which I also like & are free.)

When my DS is ready to read in Spanish I'm going to start with: The Fun Spanish which uses a CM method and sentences. (I find it easier to memorize a sentence than words alone out of context.)

Getting Started with Spanish might be worth checking out - we have the Latin book and it's very nice.

I'm planning to order this book as well to supplement: http://www.amazon.com/Madrigals-Magic-Key-Spanish-Creative/dp/0385410956

Amy

If you are looking for a secular textbook, then the ¡Viva el Español! series is meant for elementary school. For first through third grades, there are Learning Systems A, B, and C. The first book in the series for grades 4-6 is ¡Hola! and the next level is ¿Qué Tal? and the last level is ¡Adelante! You can probably find these books on amazon for less than list price.

Edited by Shifra

:iagree: Wow, how did you find these?

There was a thread about language books similar to Lingua Latina a long while back (might have been the high-school board?). I think it was either linked there or a similar book was. I'm kinda a language geek.

Amy