Menu

I just bought a water buffalo...

Well, not literally for our farm, but purchasing one at all seemed somewhat weird to say the least. I even have the invoice to prove it!! We donate the proceeds from the first piglet sold from every litter to Heifer International. Normally, we just purchase chickens or a goat. The kids decided that they wanted to save up the donation money until we could purchase the water buffalo - I always let them pick which animal/animals we will purchase. Now they are wanting so save up for a camel :001_huh:.

Krista

We bough a goat, a sheep and chickens through Heifer... very weird for us because we don't even have a farm ;-)

When the kids were little, we did Samaritan's purse, because I liked them involved in packing the shoebox. Since they are older and not interested in that anymore, we have been doing Heifer.

We go through Samaritan's purse. Last year it was a flock of geese and a few other things. This year they really contemplated a cow but opted for schooling for a group of children at the last moment. It has been a great way to get the kids to think about the situations of children other than themselves.

I purchased a goat through Samaritan's purse before, but I largely am posting to find out who else now has a Veggie Tale song going through their heads from reading this. :tongue_smilie:

I purchased a goat through Samaritan's purse before, but I largely am posting to find out who else now has a Veggie Tale song going through their heads from reading this. :tongue_smilie:

Too funny! I have an older daughter (21) that lives in another state. She happened to call me when I was doing the purchase. When I told her what I was doing she commented, "That is my FAVORITE Veggie Tales song!"

Krista

:seeya: Yep, I'm hearing the Larry with the wrong voice singing this, too!

Well, not literally for our farm, but purchasing one at all seemed somewhat weird to say the least. I even have the invoice to prove it!! We donate the proceeds from the first piglet sold from every litter to Heifer International. Normally, we just purchase chickens or a goat. The kids decided that they wanted to save up the donation money until we could purchase the water buffalo - I always let them pick which animal/animals we will purchase. Now they are wanting so save up for a camel :001_huh:.

Krista

Everybody's got a water-buffalo

Yours is fast but mune is slow

Where do you get one...I don't know

BUT, Everybody's got a water-buffaloooooo

All together now!

"Everybody's got a water buffalo,

Yours is fast but mine is slow

Oh, where'd we get them I don't know

But everybody got a water buffalo

I took my buffalo to the store

Got his head stuck in the door