Menu

What does your DH call you?

I get all sorts of nicknames. Honey, Dear, Babe, Doll...and a few that I won't put on a public msg board...they're not bad, just personal. :blushing:

The one that I get the biggest laugh out of is The Wife. And its spoken so that you *know* its capitalized.

In fact, for our last (7th) wedding anniversary, I bought him a watch, and had it engraved, "7 years & still ticking! Love, The Wife" :lol:

I use his given name more than he uses mine. But he gets Honey, Dear, Babe, Sweetie...and again, a cpl I won't post! :smilielol5:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're pretty boring. I mostly use the usual "Dear", "Honey", "Babe", etc., with the occasional use of his (shortened) given name. Dh usually calls me "Dear", mostly as a term of endearment, but sometimes to tease me (by adding stress to that word when used in the sentence). When he does call me by my given name I know it's something serious. My real name is usually shortened, but for some reason dh has never, ever called me by the nickname my family always used. When he does use my name it's always the full version.

My Dad though was pretty good at giving nicknames. His 'go-to' name for my mom went something like, "(first name) Olga-Saphira--(something I've forgotten)--Coochie-Woochie-Loochie-Poochie-Doochie...." and he'd go on for a little while longer! I never did work out how he remembered it all! :D My mother's middle name is Olga and her grandmother's name was Olga Saphira, so it was a kind of special name.

This thread is making me :lol:

I call dh the every popular "Hey", Schnookie (because it cracks me up), and the most recent addition is "Sparky" (from Christmas Vacation). When I'm talking to the boys about him it's "Dad" or "Pops The Wonder Dad". I also call him is first name + y.

He calls me "Hey", "Wifey" (because it cracks him up), and "Lover" (again, the amusement factor plays in here).

First names typically signal trouble and involve eye rolls (though they can signal a formal environment :lol:). So does dear. Neither of us like babe, baby, or honey, though we'll use them on rare occasions for a laugh.