Menu

DK History of the World (3rd edition) is $$$ is there a recommended substitute?

I bought Kingfisher Illustrated History of the World for $2.23 on line and the shipping was $3.99. I just spent $6 on a wonderful history encyclopedia.

Oh the irony! Does anybody remember the days when KIHOTW was > $100 because it was OOP?

:glare:

Quiver, I think we have the DK book - I'll check tomorrow - if we do, I'll be happy to send it to you.

I got a used one from ABE for cheap. It may have been the second edition, I will have to check at home. Are you looking for ninth? Because it won't matter until the end of 12th.

I am looking for the updated 3rd edition which has a publish date of 2007.

EDITED: I must be losing my mind because last night Amazon, ABE and half.com all had one with a green cover that was $99 and up. Today all I see is this one http://www.amazon.com/History-World-Plantagenet-S-Fry/dp/1405321776/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292601021&sr=8-2 which is reasonably priced and has a publish date of 2005.

Edited by Quiver0f10

I found a pusblishers overstock of this book for about $20...can't remember where though. Maybe Overstock or Alibris?

http://www.amazon.com/History-Definitive-Visual-Civilization-Present/dp/075663119X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292601857&sr=1-3

This books is written at the adult level. It is a beautiful book and would definitely be appropriate for the rhetoric level. I own just about all of the versions of the DK history encyclopedias: the white one, the two different red ones, the green one and this one. Of all of them, this one is my favorite.