Menu

Cheap poetry curriculum I was at Barnes and Nobles

Sparknotes has out a book called Poetry Classics. I can't seem to find it anywhere else for sale other than at Barnes and Nobles.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Poetry-Classics/SparkNotes-Editors/e/9781411404328

It's only $9.99 includes the poems and has extensive commentary for each one. This would be an excellent book to use with some type of generic poetry worksheet.

10968959.jpg

Edited by Hunter

This looks quite good, thank you for posting it. I just reserved a copy at my local B&N.

For anyone else who might be interested, it's 432 pp and covers the following poets (with 4-5 poems by each):

Shakespeare

Donne

Pope

Blake

Wordsworth

Coleridge

Shelley

Keats

Tennyson

Browing

Whitman

Dickinson

Hopkins

Yeats

Frost

Elliot

With a B&N teacher's discount, it would be $8.

Jackie

Thanks for posting that! I was just about to go pick up my copy at B&N, but I ordered it instead for half the price! The original link didn't work for me (said the special "portal" was no longer necessary?), but this one should work.

$4, shipped, is a heck of a deal!

Jackie

Oops, I was logged into my account when I linked. I have fixed the link now. Thanks!

Maybe one of you literature experts can create a generic worksheet that can be used with the poems in this book?

The Short Story book is also good, but I wasn't impressed with any of the other titles. The film classics book was well done, but many of the titles wouldn't be of interest to most families here.

Edited by Hunter