Menu

*lifeoftheparty*

Sonlight has Discover and Do DVDs which I hear are really good. We like Eyewitness videos here too. Perhaps let him watch Richard Attenborough's documentaries, Planet Earth, the many excellent Nova programs on various science topics.

We have learned a LOT from David Attenborough's dvds. They're information-dense, twaddle-free, beautifully filmed, and appealing to children and adults. I wish I could find other science dvds that were as good...

:iagree::iagree: Start with The Life of Birds. You haven't lived until your child decides to wake the neighborhood doing his Screaming Peha imitation on the front porch. :) The Private Life of Plants is good, too. It is so cute hearing a 6 year do a British accent, and going over his meal, earnestly: "First, we have the applesauce, best in a bowl. Second, the macaroni cooling on the plate. Third, some delicious lemon juice dressing on a salad, and fourth, FOURTH, there will be ice cream." His presentation is delightful and so enthusiastic. If you fall in love with him, as we did, do get his "Life On Air". He has a black and white, 60s show of him and an Australian, with bearers, traipsing into the New Guinea wilderness to meet some people who've never met outsiders, let alone whites, before. Really, really well done. The Easter Island bit is good, too.

Also, if you don't mind 50s, get the DVD with Hemo the Magnificent and Unchained Goddess on it: blood and weather. Amazon has it.

If he likes chemistry, he might get a BANG! out of:

http://www.periodicvideos.com/

Edited by kalanamak