Menu

Flashmaster

I love the flashmaster. My son uses it on his own and he tries to beat previous scores. I made up a chart in a spreadsheet that has all possible levels, and many different time intervals, and he fills in the chart. I have him beat 2 scores daily and it is one less thing I have to do with him. Well worth the cost, especially if you have more than one child who will be using it.

Sandy, mom to 3 boys, ages 9, 6, 4

Hi there!

I just ordered one and it arrived just this week. My daughter so far loves it and thinks it's tons of fun (she's 7)

I really like flashcards for learning math facts and with the flashmaster she is getting flashcards....doesn't realize it and is having fun.

We don't own any handheld computer games (ie Nintendo-ds) so she thinks this is a great game!!

I think the price is well worth it and Chuck Resor is a pleasure to deal with!

Hope this helps!

I would by another Flashmaster if ours broke. There's really nothing that can do better for learning math facts easily for both child and mom. DS knows his math facts down REALLY well. He has almost instant recall on all the facts he should know and this is only doing it for 6 minutes a day. I give "prizes" out for getting a certain amount right. Tickles, arm chills, etc. All free and non-sugary!

Beth

I love the flashmaster. My son uses it on his own and he tries to beat previous scores. I made up a chart in a spreadsheet that has all possible levels, and many different time intervals, and he fills in the chart. I have him beat 2 scores daily and it is one less thing I have to do with him. Well worth the cost, especially if you have more than one child who will be using it.

Sandy,

would you mind sharing this with me too?? I would love a copy:)

Blessings,kathi

bailliemk@yahoo.com

I would by another Flashmaster if ours broke. There's really nothing that can do better for learning math facts easily for both child and mom. DS knows his math facts down REALLY well. He has almost instant recall on all the facts he should know and this is only doing it for 6 minutes a day. I give "prizes" out for getting a certain amount right. Tickles, arm chills, etc. All free and non-sugary!

Beth

Mine did break and I didn't have to buy another one.

I had my credit card in hand to order another one over the phone and they said that my old one was still under warranty and sent me a new one out in the mail at no cost that day. Super service!

my son has been struggling with mult/div and this is great to use for practice. Kids today are so tuned into "games" that I think it works for most kids. Even my 4 year old tries it out now and again to practice addition facts. Its may seem confusing to set it up but just follow directions and its easy.

Anyone have any rave reviews of this? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Flashmaster has two features that I really like:

You can enter up to 15 of your own problems.

You can change where the "?" appears in the problem.

2 + 3 = ?

2 + ? = 5

5 - ? = 3

? - 2 = 3

Anyone have any rave reviews of this? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Flashmaster has two features that I really like:

You can enter up to 15 of your own problems.

You can change where the "?" appears in the problem.

2 + 3 = ?

2 + ? = 5

5 - ? = 3

? - 2 = 3

Sandy,

I would also appreciate a copy of your spreadsheet. I sent you a pm just in case you do not check back on this thread. We use our flashmaster regularly and have found it to be a big help but would like the accountability of the log. I also like the way you have made it fun by making it a challenge to beat his prior time.

Thanks!:001_smile:

We love this too, my girls were having problems doing basic facts quickly, so simple things took longer. We do this every day, it saves me time and, like another poster, we have no hand-held games, so this was a big hit. each day they do + or- or x, 3-5 levels, all timed, to speed them up. They kept charts for a while, now it is just a regular part of the day. My 5yo loves it too and it keeps him busy. I would buy one for each child if we could afford it. They have improved dramatically in their speed and accuracy.