Menu

Good dh present?

I got mine slippers and some metal brain teasers and wooden ones and he asked for buckyballs.

I don't know! I am on complete bed rest so I did all of my shopping on the internet. FWIW: They are very dangerous for kids, so I would not allow them in my house. I will tell hubby that he has to take them to work. That is what he wanted them for anyway, a desk toy.

I have a feeling your DH and mine would get along well. He is always looking for toys to play with at the desk. Now to decide which wood puzzle set to get....

DH's work schedule is crazy all year.....so getting time for himself is always a challenge. So this year I spoke with his office manager and we've carved out some days I know he won't have office hours and am putting together "The 12 Dates of Christmas" for him....some months are something for him on his own, some are for us to have a date together.

January - Gift Certificate to our favorite restaurant

February - Snowcat reservation while he's away at a conference to go back-country snow boarding for a day

March - Dinner out and tickets to the theater

April - Jazz Tickets for show he wants to see but thinks he can't since it's sold out already

May - A weekend away with DS for a daddy-DS weekend

June - A guided fishing day for him at a nearby river

July - Day together in a nearby city for us

August - A massage each week for him

September - Weekend away with me (+kids) with a guided fish day for him

October - Race Car driving experience for him in city we'll be for a conference

November - Indoor skydiving session for him

December - Weekend away between holidays for us (+kids)

The most successful gift I ever gave my husband was a year of Bacon of the Month Club. Every month, a little package of bacon would arrive at our doorstep, each from a different artisanal...bacon maker? Baconist? Husband still sighs sadly when he picks up a package of supermarket bacon.

Do you have a link?

Regards,

Kareni

What do you get yours? I want to surprise dh with something unexpected this year. I have struck out every Christmas with him. So, I am casting my net wide and looking for ideas!!!

One year I had dh car detailed (I managed it all). He was so surprised, and really appreciated it.
I like this one!! :thumbup: The bacon-o-gram and Omaha Steaks sound great if your hubs likes to cook or grill.

Usually, hubby sends me the link to the latest theology book he wants, but last 2 Christmases I surprised him with something different:

2008 - A one-hour private "sparring" session w/ our son's karate instructor (hubby got a "kick" :tongue_smilie: outta that one esp. since he studied martial arts in his younger years).

2009 - Another pair of his fave jeans (ds13 and I snuck his old pair out of his closet and went to Old Navy to get the exact style and size).

I'm not very imaginative and I tend to err on the side of giving practical gifts. ;)