Menu

S/O Slippers for someone with plantar fasciitis?

Well, they don't have a heel, but you can always wear socks: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/23102?from=SR&feat=sr

These slippers are on my feet some days from morning 'till night in the winter, and I never have a problem with foot pain when I am wearing them. They have a cork sole, and I think that helps with both the chill and the foot pain.

I have had both the clogs and the slippers, and I have to say that for my PF, the clogs are far better because of the materials the foot bed is made out of. Too bad they don't make the slippers with the cork soles. :(

Did you see the LLBean ones linked above?

I'm going to try the fleecy crocs. I think I might even be able to slip my insoles in between the fleecy lining and the croc itself. They should be here any day. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm in the midst of a bad flare-up myself and my feet are FREEZING in my regular Birks.

ETA: These look pretty good too. I think the problem is having the closed back. Almost all that I have seen are clog or mule style.

Edited by i.love.lucy

I'm looking for warm slippers that will support my feet but that are also lightweight AND affordable. They must have a closed heel because my feet get too cold if my slippers have the back of my heel exposed. Any suggestions?

problems. While they aren't cheap, 85.00 and up, they last. Strange looking and each toe is encased, they are like walking barefoot except they have soles and support. Here's the link http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_womens.cfm If you have an REI near you they carry them. These are practically the only shoes that I now wear. I have 2 pair and will be getting a pair for indoors only so I don't have to worry about taking them off when I lounge on my bed.

I have had pf off and on for years. The best solution I have found is to wear good shoes ALL the time, even in the house. This was hard for me to get accustomed to because I dislike socks and we do not wear shoes in the house. My youngest son, Swimmer Dude has occasional flair-ups and he has medical crocs versus the usual crocs or the knock-offs. These are for home and the pool deck. They have more support because they are designed to be worn by medical professionals all day at work.

I wear my Smart Wool socks with my Keenes in the house in the winter. They are easy to slip off and on and my back, feet, and knees thank me. Oh, and it's an ultra-sexy look.:tongue_smilie:

It's difficult to really treat pf and be frugal with your shoe budget. I now will skimp on the clothes budget, going far longer than I should on some items in order to have good shoes.

:grouphug: I am sorry you are experiencing this. It is just no fun.