Menu

Does anyone have a yummy homemade dessert recipe

I'd like to make something for my grandmother, who is trying to put on weight and loves sweets. We've had so much pie and cake lately, I'd like something different. Nothing really time-consuming, but with real ingredients (no processed/chemical stuff like cool whip, etc.)

Any yummy ideas?

I posted my new apple crisp recipe recently--you could search on it. It was so good that my DD, who has SID tendencies and almost never eats combined foods, ate it for breakfast! It includes a full stick of butter in a 9 by 13 pan of dessert, and if you want to increase the calories you could probably increase that by another half a stick without changing the taste very much.

This sounds complicated and fancy but it's not. It does need to be made 24 hours in advance. It's the Barefoot Contessa's Couer de la Creme. I leave out the Grand Marnier and make just a plain raspberry sauce. I can't say enough about the deliciousness and fattening powers of this dessert.:tongue_smilie: Just be warned, if you make this dessert, people will worship and adore you. My mother made it for a party recently and got a marriage proposal, and she caught a woman secretly licking her plate. LOL

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/coeur-a-la-creme-with-raspberry-and-grand-marnier-sauce-recipe/index.html

I don't have a recipe because I'm not much of a baker but what about something sweet for breakfast. You could make a struesal or turnovers or even some muffins that are closer to cake then bread. Yum.