Menu

If you are apple-shaped, have you found pants you like?

I have trouble finding pants that fit and will stay up. My waist and abdomen are where I carry fat, so if I get pants to fit my waist, my butt and thighs are swimming and they look really frumpy. If I get elastic waist pants, they slide down.

Surely some company is offering pants sized with apples in mind. Have you found any you like?

I have trouble finding pants that fit and will stay up. My waist and abdomen are where I carry fat, so if I get pants to fit my waist, my butt and thighs are swimming and they look really frumpy. If I get elastic waist pants, they slide down.

Surely some company is offering pants sized with apples in mind. Have you found any you like?

Have you had your sugar tested? I ask because I am the same way, and one of the symptoms of metabolic syndrome is carrying your fat in your tummy. Just something to look into, if you haven't already...

I have a relatively wide waist as compared to my hips, and am extremely short-waisted to boot, and Eddie Bauer pants/jeans are the only brand that consistently fit me.

I also once bought a pair of pants from Club Monaco that fit fabulously, but that was many years ago. I still have them.

Bootcut and low-to-moderate rise are key, IMO.

Edited by JennyD

You can be apple-shaped and be different sizes. I am about a 14/16, and I have had the best luck with boot-cut jeans that fit in the thigh and have more fabric around the calf and ankle. I try to buy mid-rise jeans, not low-rise or higher-waisted.

If I'm looking for slacks or khakis, I always buy flat-front, never pleated. I've had good luck at the Gap Outlet, which carries a wider range of sizes than the regular stores--up to size 22, I believe. Sometimes I can buy boot-cut or flared slacks, and these tend to fit better in the thigh than straighter-legged pants.

Depending on your size, either Fashion Bug or Lane Bryant have a Right Fit line of pants with one of their styles being specifically for apple shapes. My pants are forever falling down, but I bought a pair of Right Fit jeans from FB and they stay up, I love them, they are wonderful, etc. FB carries larger sizes and they are about half the price of LB. I always thought FB was a "loser" store as a kid, then my sister gave me a pair of pants that I loved a couple years ago. When I went online to figure out who sold the label, it began my love of FB. Now it's my top store for clothes.