Menu

Bedbug Paranoia! I'm going shopping with Dh/has this hit the department stores yet???

Seriously,

I'm heading to Kohl's for their ladies cashmere sweaters that are on sale dirt cheap for dd and our honorary dd. Then to JcPenney for a sweater for self and jockey's for dh. I'm a little freaked. We've been staying pretty close to home and haven't been buying clothing or other type items that bedbugs are attracted to. Now I'm feeling really paranoid and of course one CANNOT WASH CASHMERE IN HOT WATER OR THROW IT IN THE DRYER TO KILL THE LITTLE DEVILS!

Talk me down from the cliff or I might need valium just to shop this Christmas season.

Faith

Mariann, I think that technically, my valium is supposed to be "a life of prayer". However, this bedbug thing just CREEPS me out! So, if I must shop tonight and no one has placating words of peace and good will and bedbugs are not currently inhabiting Kohl's and JcPenney, then I am afraid that I will be INHALING ALL THE LEGALIZED SEDATIVES THAT I CAN GET MY HANDS ON!

However, I'll try really, really hard to save a little for you my dear online buddy!

Faith

Mariann, I think that technically, my valium is supposed to be "a life of prayer". However, this bedbug thing just CREEPS me out! So, if I must shop tonight and no one has placating words of peace and good will and bedbugs are not currently inhabiting Kohl's and JcPenney, then I am afraid that I will be INHALING ALL THE LEGALIZED SEDATIVES THAT I CAN GET MY HANDS ON!

However, I'll try really, really hard to save a little for you my dear online buddy!

Faith

:lol::lol:

The bedbug thing creeps me out too. A few weeks ago, I went back and forth making and canceling hotel reservations b/c www.bedbugregistry.com had some mis-information (someone had mixed up two hotels -- twice :001_huh:). But, this cashmere sweater thing, :ack2:; what's a shopper to do??????

:lol::lol:

The bedbug thing creeps me out too. A few weeks ago, I went back and forth making and canceling hotel reservations b/c www.bedbugregistry.com had some mis-information (someone had mixed up two hotels -- twice :001_huh:). But, this cashmere sweater thing, :ack2:; what's a shopper to do??????

I wish you had not posted that link.

I am leaving on Saturday and staying at 4 different hotels for the next 2 weeks. :confused:

I wish you had not posted that link.

I am leaving on Saturday and staying at 4 different hotels for the next 2 weeks. :confused:

Sorry. :001_unsure: It was the only way I could convince myself that it was okay for us to stay where we originally thought we were going to stay (did that make sense?)

Is this the Bedbug Paranoia Club? May I join? Please?

We just returned from a family trip to NYC. We checked and triple-checked the bedbug registry. We grilled the bellhop who carried our bags to our room. He assured us that they even have dogs come weekly to check for bugs. (I had no idea dogs could sniff out bedbugs?!) I *still* think he was being secretive about bedbugs. We pulled apart every bed, checked the curtains, the seams of every upholstered item, and checked inside the drawers. ...And still, I did not sleep until after 3 am.

3 days in NYC, and not a sign of bedbugs anywhere.

But I am still paranoid.

We are home, everything has been washed and I am *still* jumpy!

Crossing cashmere off the holiday shopping list...

Is this the Bedbug Paranoia Club? May I join? Please?

We just returned from a family trip to NYC. We checked and triple-checked the bedbug registry. We grilled the bellhop who carried our bags to our room. He assured us that they even have dogs come weekly to check for bugs. (I had no idea dogs could sniff out bedbugs?!) I *still* think he was being secretive about bedbugs. We pulled apart every bed, checked the curtains, the seams of every upholstered item, and checked inside the drawers. ...And still, I did not sleep until after 3 am.

3 days in NYC, and not a sign of bedbugs anywhere.

But I am still paranoid.

We are home, everything has been washed and I am *still* jumpy!

Crossing cashmere off the holiday shopping list...

Me too! I could not fall asleep for about 2 hours - I tossed and turned and made myself nuts.