Menu

Has anyone been to Dollywood at Christmastime?

Do I want to go? We've never been to Dollywood at all, but we're thinking of going maybe for a couple of days the week before Christmas. Is that a good plan? Will it be super crowded? Are there a lot of rides open? Any days of the week better (as far as crowds) than others?

It is beautiful! All the rides are open other than the water ones. It can get really cold! Make sure to have coats, gloves, and hats available. As far as crowds go, it really just depends.;) I haven't found it to be extremely predictable. (Weekends are usually more of course.)

It's decorated so beautifully!!! We had a great time despite the cold!! On top of the regular winter gear, we put hand earners in our pockets and that helped a lot. There were no crowds when we were there. I highly recommend the Qbot if there are lines. It is worth every penny:) It is similar to a fast pass and works for the more popular rides, as well as reserves you great seats at the shows! We loved the shows, but were disappointedly the parade. I would skip that and leave the park before the people that stayed for the parade do. Anyway, we love Dollywood!!!!!

though it's been a few years since we have been. We LOVE going during Christmas. It is all so very beautiful. Since Dollywood is already so very family friendly, Christmas makes it even better. Everyone is so kind and into the holiday spirit. :o) Yes, it was cold, so dress warm. But it was worth it!

Thanks! Okay, I think we're going to go. We told the kids about it, and they got so excited that they played "amusement park" outside for over an hour this morning :)

Any recommendations for things to do, places to eat, etc.? We'll probably be there 2 nights, 2 1/2 days, and going to Dollywood for 2 days. But they don't open until 2, so we'll have the mornings for other things. We might go ahead and buy a 2011 season pass; they have a deal where you get in free for the rest of this year if you do that, so it'd be a good deal if we make one more weekend trip, or if we stop for a day if we drive up to Massachusetts to see family this year.

Has anyone done the Titanic museum? Is that any good?