Menu

Just had to share a comment from dd12

Upon seeing her new schedule including the new work I've assigned, she said 'But that's work Mom!'. Um, yeah. That's the point. So she made her schedule with a little of my help and she'll start on Monday. She's actually excited about the Jamestown project (a planned lapbook that she will turn into a different project). It gives her total creative license which appeals to her independence.

Upon seeing her new schedule including the new work I've assigned, she said 'But that's work Mom!'. Um, yeah. That's the point. So she made her schedule with a little of my help and she'll start on Monday. She's actually excited about the Jamestown project (a planned lapbook that she will turn into a different project). It gives her total creative license which appeals to her independence.

Hey, I am impressed with the bolded part. We are still working on being more responsible for our own schedules around here. It's a process, that's for sure. Sigh...

:001_smile: so nice when they get enthusiastic about what they're doing!

My oldest is 11, and this year I had her involved in creating our schedule. She really enjoyed it, and seems to be more motivated to do what she's planned for herself.

:001_smile:

Dd12 is a LIST person and I put that in caps on purpose. She makes lists for everything! Neither of my other children are that way. They still depend on me to make their school schedules.

I will certainly post about the Jamestown project when we have it figured out. Like I said, it's a lapbook kit I purchased from Hands of a Child but dd12 wants to do something differently with it. I gave her some ideas and it might be a cross between a notebook and a History Pockets project. If she enjoys it, I also have their American Revolution kit that I had forgotten about. This could be a good way for her to just focus on some major American History events before she begins high school.